Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 39

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

My Chemical Romance and Smashing Pumpkins :)

theasteriskera and Tifoil like this.
  2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Shame about Death Cab but tbf I didn't think they were a very Riot-y band anyway

theasteriskera likes this.
  3. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Strokes, Smashing Pumpkins, System of a Down, No Doubt out there as headliners (sure I'm missing other obvious).. plus tons of bands still floating out there to fill up the lineup

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

They fit in just fine when they played a few years ago.

ItsAndrew and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  5. Jim

Trusted Supporter

they just played it in like 2016.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

woah, i've never heard of this they're playing. its on my actual birthday, probably have to go.

7. rbarlyo

wawa defender

Does this count Movements as in? No Chicago date on this run

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, there's a bunch of major artists we can rule out with more to come, I'm sure. But that's pretty much the way it goes every year...

They like to keep us on our toes.

9. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

the National don't have Chicago shows on their next tour, but they may be playing Pitchfork based on dates

10. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Literally never been a bad lineup, so I'm not too concerned.

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It's also not a full US tour (or even full in terms of the regions its covers; it's fairly sporadic). It looks like dates booked around festivals (which speaks to your Pitchfork theory, TBH).

bradpetrik likes this.
  12. weshankins34

I think Bright Eyes recent tour announcement makes them more likely for riot and rules out for pitchfork. I feel the dates line up better for riot than lolla, but they definitely aren't ruled out from lolla.

13. campeondeluniverso

nah.

The Receiving End of Sirens/Envy on the Coast are playing at Bottom Lounge May 20. could they still be in play for Riot?

14. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Apparently Pitchfork lineup will be out tomorrow, so we'll see

weshankins34 likes this.
  15. Possible, especially since it’s a Riot Fest Presents show, but I wouldn’t count on it. I don’t get the impression that either band will be doing extensive touring, especially TREOS with Casey.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  16. weshankins34

I'm actually realizing I for some reason had the pitchfork dates wrong in my head, so they definitely aren't ruled out from it. I hope that you're right that they announce tomorrow though, so we get a better idea of who can do riot.

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Death Cab is one of the few bands who fit in at Lolla, Pitchfork, and Riot.

theasteriskera and Cgarnsay like this.
  18. The National as well. How many bands have actually played all three? I know Bully has, including Lolla and Riot in the same year.

19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

RTJ? I think they've played a Pitchfork before.

theasteriskera and troyplaysbass like this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Bright Eyes fits all three too

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think there's a good handful. Not sure if Run the Jewels has played yet, but if they haven't, it seems like they will this year. Jeff Rosenstock would fit at any, even though he prob wouldn't play Lolla. Pup, Ratboys, Beach Bunny all could. If we're just talking headliners, I'd say Modest Mouse, Beck, The National, Paramore. Someone like Brockhampton could work at any of them.

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Run the Jewels played Pitchfork in 2015 and both El-P and Killer Mike (billed as their own names) played in 2013.

bradpetrik likes this.
  23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If that Pitchfork leak is accurate it makes Bright Eyes look super likely for Riot Fest and crosses the National, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Run the Jewels off the list of potential headliners.

As well as a few others who may have been on the undercard (Danny Brown, Deafheaven, Waxahatchee, Hop Along, Oso Oso).

weshankins34 likes this.
  24. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Wouldn’t discount bright eyes as a possibility for lolla

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Ah I didn't know this being like half the world away most of the time.