Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 37

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Holy toledo. have to go 14 bands down before i find someone im not interested in seeing.

[​IMG]

2. KindaFatMike

Trusted

3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't be bummed if the Go-Gos were on the bill (in fact, I'd be into it).

But I would be really stoked if we got Devo and/or the Psychedelic Furs.

Pokinatcha Punk likes this.
  4. KindaFatMike

Trusted

honestly 80's post punk/new wave/etc.. is a genre i am only recently deep diving into, previously only knew the hits, but not much else, but since Riot has already made me a huge fan of B-52s, New Order, and Gary Numan, i would gladly take any 1, or combo, of go-gos, bauhaus, devo.

But another big takeaway is that i would Love both She Wants revenge & Blaqk Audio from that line up

theasteriskera likes this.
  5. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I still can’t believe that Punk Rock Bowling has had Devo but Riot hasn’t! Hopefully that changes this year!

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Devo were originally supposed to be on the Denver lineup in 2016, but right before announcement, they were removed

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Devo and the Go-Gos would actually allow me to "tick a box" on my "bands I really, really like but would probably never pay headliner prices to see live." The Psychedelic Furs are one I would inarguably be ecstatic about, though.

KindaFatMike likes this.
  8. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Its kind of crazy, but the Psychedelic Furs would easily be a top 3 must see for me. Though I haven't done much of a deep dive into their catalog I absolutely love the hits and they would be a perfect festival act for me.

9. campeondeluniverso

nah.

wouldn't mind seeing Devo at Riotfest.

10. Piercalicious

Regular

soooo Cartel was just confirmed to be playing songs from Chroma at Chain Fest. lock?

theasteriskera and alkalinexandy like this.
  11. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I would love all of the chain fest bands to be at Riot

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Looking at that Chain Fest line-up makes me wonder if we might get a Through Being Cool set from Saves the Day. They're opening for TEB in March, but that date is far enough out and it's a supporting slot... So definitely a possibility!

Looks like Cartel is in the mix now too, given Chain Fest and their recent social media activity.

I'd be totally down for Jimmy Eat World to come back too, although I feel like they may be taking a bit of a break after their run of shows this spring/summer. They will have been on the road for like, a year straight at that point.

13. KindaFatMike

Trusted

would absolutely love a Through Being Cool album play.

14. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I'm not positive a festival in May really has too much bearing on another one in September, though.

15. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

I would absolutely love Through Being Cool and Chroma. I agree that they two probably don't have much to do with each other but it's fun to speculate.

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It definitely has zero direct bearing on Riot Fest's line-up. But it means Saves the Day is still down to play that album in full despite it not being tied specifically to an anniversary or whatever.

So. I'm saying there's a chance.

17. Piercalicious

Regular

Yeah it's not really about the fests being related to each other. It's just confirmation that these bands are willing to play these albums during this year's festival circuit combined with the fact that Riot Fest has a specific album-play tradition and they fit within its genre. If we get more announcements of these bands playing similar album sets at other festivals, it will probably be a good indication that a similar set at RF is on the table.

18. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Fair points, hopefully it ends up heading in that direction

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Remember when Saves the Day played Stay What You Are in full at that one random California festival and that was the only album play they did of it? Because I do and it's a pain that never ends.

Sorry, what were we talking about?

20. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

That was FYF Fest in 2016. I didn’t go, but I remember STD, and that specific album play being the sore thumb of the lineup

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The only reason I'm bringing it up is that they've already played it a handful of times. It'd make sense.

But that's probably just me being all hopeful and shit.

*Fast forwards to late April* Sweet fucking christ. All the skate-punk, pop-punk, and early 2000s emo bands are booked with other shows that fucking weekend. This is going to be garbage!

22. Tifoil

ñ

Got a ticket for the RATM and MCR reunion shows in Chicago, now just hoping I can get one for The Format and waiting for Bright Eyes to announce a Chicago date

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The only way people come see them these days is when they're playing an album, so it makes sense.

24. theasteriskera Feb 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 13, 2020)
    theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Just saw them on the Joyce Manor co-headliner and there were PLENTY of people in their 30s & 40s singing every song having no clue who Joyce Manor was

25. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

im sure theyll do it in full next year or whatever