Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 36

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

NFG could get added in a second wave but yeah they're probably out

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

After dealing with weather at Northerly Island last year that venue is on my "hard no" list.

weshankins34 likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Father John and Jason Isbell? Lol

4. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Third Eye Blind and The National. 3EB was nearly canceled and didn't start until 9. I fought them hard on trying to get money back.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh wow ya it was awful for the one I mentioned but I didn’t realize it happened for those too. That’s awful haha

I don’t mind the venue when the weather is good (other than being a complete pain to get to)

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, it's a possibility but I'd say they're likely out. Bummer too, because I have zero interest in seeing Simple Plan. I was hoping they'd be on Riot!

...At least Lagwagon seems to be in play still based on their latest run of dates?

7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

getting back into the national after the evacuation suckkkkkkked so fucking bad haha

8. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn't consider myself a Simple Plan "fan" cause I only know the hits, but I've seen them 4 times at festivals now & they're incredibly fun live. I hope you're open to still going to this & changing your mind!!

9. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Simple Plan are unspeakably awful

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I've seen them a few times at festivals over the years, but not since like 2006 or so I think? I just have zero interest in them. Doubtful that my mind would be changed by seeing them live but... I definitely appreciate your positivity! Haha. :-)

theasteriskera likes this.
  11. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

alkalinexandy likes this.
  12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Just read that the Methadones are playing a few festivals in Europe this summer (and opening a show for OWTH in the spring). They would be a perfect fit for a side stage, local reunion band at Riot Fest. Or doing an aftershow of some sort.

And so begins Riot Fest's first phase of "Operation: Fugazi Reunion." Book Coriky.

weshankins34 likes this.
  13. Tifoil

ñ

The Juliana Theory announced dates in NY and LA for the 20 anniversary of Emotion is Dead. I can see this as an album play at Riot

14. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Well in that case, show up early & be sad/angry for Knuckle Puck, get drunk during Simple Plan, & be happy/drunk during NFG :beer:

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this feels like a possibility. They just played Chicago... But that wouldn't be the first time bands came back around to do an album play.

Hey, I kinda like Knuckle Puck. But still. I make no promises. ;-p

theasteriskera likes this.
  16. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

Okay, I know it's not going to happen but does anyone think there's ever a possibility of having Toto play? Hate me for it but I think it would be pretty great.

17. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Anything is possible
    I think random 80's get will either be Go-Go's or David Lee Roth

TONY ORLANDO would be epic too

Tyler Williams and alkalinexandy like this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'd say it's pretty unlikely. Toto would skew too far into pure irony territory. There's not a lot of influence on other artists, it wouldn't really get people talking, etc. And if you look at all of the artists they've booked who fit into that "curveball" category? Sure, sometimes there's irony. But there's usually sincere admiration and influence there too.

It just doesn't line up, IMHO.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. campeondeluniverso

nah.

give me A Flock of Seagulls!

Mike Dust 81 likes this.
  20. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

People would go to embrace the meme

KindaFatMike likes this.
  21. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

Well, I needed someone to crush my dreams a little. Appreciate the honesty.

22. campeondeluniverso

nah.

don't.

23. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Weezer's set in 2018 proved that. I still don't think it'll happen, though.

Sorry, dude. Haha. I mean, I don't think it's an impossibility...

But there's a solid pattern to a lot of their bookings over the years. And that "curveball" slot tends to be artists who have had great influence over the years, have some sort of tie to the punk community, have an energy that matches the rest of Riot Fest, etc. It's the same reason why Deftones and System of a Down fit the mold, but I think you're really unlikely to see Limp Bizkit on the bill.

It doesn't mean they won't break from that pattern. It just makes it seem much less likely.

mattfreaksmeout and KindaFatMike like this.
  24. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I LOOOOVVVEEE Knuckle Puck! I love being sad & angry during their sets :heart:

25. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

KindaFatMike likes this.