Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 35

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I could see them moving it to another venue. I'm too lazy to look right now but is The Vic open all weekend? Thalia?

2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Same for NYC, I had 3 devices going, constantly refreshing & there was no chance of me ever getting a ticket. I'm still holding out hopes for a set at Riot, but I'll probably end up buying a $10 million stubhub ticket to one of these shows in March

3. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Why not? It's the perfect top of a Lolla lineup to FINALLY bring in people older than 24.
    Pearl Jam/Foo Fighters/Billie Eilish/Lizzo is a wonderful blend of artists. If the bottom four headliners are then Bassnectar, Lana Del Rey, The 1975 and Bad Bunny, that feels pretty eclectic and ideal to me!

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well I'm working on the assumption that Rage is headlining too, so they wouldn't have a top 3 like that, but I just don't think they would ever book Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters the same year. It's too similar

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Also I feel like Lana is nothing but a top 4 headliner. I mean she's billed second under Frank Ocean at Coachella...

6. Tifoil

ñ

weshankins34 likes this.
  7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Don't think either will do Riot now at this point with them being in Europe right before.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

the tour is going until Sept 12, so they definitely won't be at Riot lol

Run the Jewels is skipping the Chicago date, so I guess they are booked for Pitchfork or Lolla?

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  9. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

or Riot. And I don't think this disqualifies Rage from Lolla one bit. Again, Ariana Grande played TWO shows in July before headlining Lollapalooza the same year.

Mike Dust 81 likes this.
  10. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Aug 1 is an open Saturday on the weekend of Lolla too..

11. KindaFatMike

Trusted

id put my money on RTJ at Lolla, only bci dont see riot bringing back a headliner so quick (even though their first headlining was as a last minute replacement).. but let this not take away from the fact that i get to see Rage & MCR in the same god damn year. TWO "i didnt think id ever.." bands in one year!!
    fingers crossed rage tix dont get hit with the same scalper problem that mcr did

weshankins34 likes this.
  12. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

the ratm website lists a date in Austria on Sep 12, so they would have to literally defy time to make Riot

JaytotheGee and alkalinexandy like this.
  13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think Rage is definitely out for Lolla. They have a headliner in Chicago, and that's a lot of back and forth for a single festival date... With RTJ skipping the Chicago date, though they would make a lot of sense for Lolla.

I could see Riot Fest too, but having them back so soon in what would likely be a sub-headlining spot wouldn't make a ton of sense. And then there's the whole "they'll be in Poland on Thursday, 9/10" thing too...

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  14. Tifoil

ñ

I think RTJ is not playing with RATM during Pitchfork weekend

Mike Dust 81 likes this.
  15. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I can confirm

16. Tifoil

ñ

How expensive do you think tickets for United Center are going to be?

17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm seeing that all tickets are $125 plus fees each regardless of seating section.

Mike Dust 81 and Tifoil like this.
  18. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Someone was convinced the other day that Pumpkins were opening for GNR at Wrigley this summer and I think they already bought tickets, even though SP is not lol

weshankins34, Jim and alkalinexandy like this.
  19. Tifoil

ñ

New Found Glory, Simple Plan and Knuckle Puck are playong Concord in June. I guess this rule them out of Riot

weshankins34 likes this.
  20. campeondeluniverso

nah.

Deftones are out. Chicago August 11.

weshankins34 likes this.
  21. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

dang, thought there was a high likely hood they'd play..

22. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That's not bad but...I won't spend that much.

23. Tifoil

ñ

I was really hoping to see Deftones and Poppy at Riot this year

weshankins34 and KindaFatMike like this.
  24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's two tours I felt for sure would be lacking a Chicago date...

25. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

What's involved in the VIP tickets for the Deftones? Is that just the premium boxes?