Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 20

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

just because no one has mentioned it, the Go-Go's are skipping Chicago on their semi-reunion tour this summer

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They could be playing Ravinia though.

3. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

true, but they do make sense for the B-52s, Blondie, Joan Jett spot Riots seems to do every year

4. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I know I'm definitely not the first to say it, but I'm calling The Wonder Years doing 'The Upsides' at Riot this year.

5. Mike Dust 81 Jan 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 27, 2020)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

just realized Hum released ...Astronaut 25 years ago, and it just gave me goose bumps

also, is there a post about albums celebrated anniversaries this year?

edit: there's one with 10th & 20th anniversary albums, but there's some pretty epic ones celebrating 25

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah there's no way this doesn't happen

7. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

If I see them twice at Slam Dunk doing it AND Riot that will be absolutely insane aha.

8. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Boston Calling & Firefly both released line ups today. Both Have Rage & Run The Jewels. and scrolling eahc line up, my only 2 thoughts are "wow id love to see them" or "i have no idea who or what that is"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

weshankins34 likes this.
  9. emojedi

Trusted

Now I want Liam Gallagher for Riot

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, that Boston Calling line-up is very, very top-heavy. The bottom line of each day is all comedians too.

FWIW too, I think the fact that BC scored Rage puts them in the "not necessarily too big for Riot Fest" category. Still pretty convinced their Chicago move would be Lolla, but definitely not ruling them out from Riot at this point.

11. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Boston Calling is way more expensive than I thought, yikes

alkalinexandy likes this.
  12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If Rage and RHCP, and Run the Jewels and Liam Gallagher swapped places, Sunday would be the greatest day.

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The prices are super jacked up this year... Despite the headliners and several of the other acts being right up my alley, I think I'm going to skip it and just put that money toward my Riot Fest experience this year.

$400 + fees for a GA ticket is brutal.

weshankins34 likes this.
  14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Boston Calling honestly feels very average to me, which is surprising because it's usually really cool. It just doesn't feel like they're offering anything new I guess, other than a Rage headliner, but they're on multiple fests with presumably more to come, so it's not like a unique get. It's not like they don't have good artists on the lineup, but I don't know something is off about it.

15. ItsAndrew Jan 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

^ ETID is playing Hot Damn in full at that show.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Khalid into Rage is a very strange one but there you go.

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

looks like the mcr usa tour has 2 chicago stops. looking like they arent playing either this or lolla. unless they headline and are playing a after show to which ever one they are on

19. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Where'd you hear about that?

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

21. emojedi

Trusted

I think it’s one Riot date and one just normal show. I think there is little to no way they don’t play This

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

they cant do that. radius clause. the only way it can be 2 is if its at riot then a after show

weshankins34 likes this.
  23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They can do it. Ariana played the United Center in June last year (was rescheduled shows but still) and then headlined Lolla two months later. Future played the United Center one year and then played Lolla the next day. The Red Hot Chili Peppers played Allstate Arena in May of 2012 and then headlined Lolla four months later. I guess it depends when the tour dates are though because they could do a headlining show in the summer here and then Riot.

ALT/MSC/FAN and bradpetrik like this.
  24. Cmoney86 Jan 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2020)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

its a September tour so.... from what the people in the mcr have found some of the dates are late September.

Ariana dosent count since they where rescheduled dates and was prolly already on lolla before she had to reschedule. future was a sub and it was the 25 year anniversary so maybe they made an exception maybe the reduced the clause from 6 months to 4 months and that's why rhcp where able to do that

25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel the same way. There's lots of "good" on the line-up, but it just doesn't feel "special." Beyond the Rage reunion there's not a lot of "hell yeah!" in the mix.

Lots of festival regulars, a few surprises on the local tip that are neat (Dinosaur Jr., PVRIS, the Sheila Divine) but on the whole this is pretty eh... The drop from headliners to the next two acts and then everybody feels really steep.

Fingers crossed that Riot Fest picks up the slack with some neat stuff this year, haha.

At least we'll be able to put the MCR debate to rest when that tour rolls out. It's either going to make Riot Fest look very likely or it's going to rule it out completely. I'm also not convinced the "duplicate" thing people are highlighting is actually two different tour dates.

We'll probably know in a day or two, regardless.

Would MCR be a big enough deal that Riot Fest might announce them early along with the tour announcement? (If the band wants to announce a full tour, it would make sense for Riot Fest to do it that way.)