Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. campeondeluniverso

nah.

yes, please!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

AFI is another I really hope comes back next year

3. I can actually see The Anniversary happening. I'd probably fly out from Utah just for their show, honestly. Bucket list band/album show I'd love to see.

campeondeluniverso likes this.
  4. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Hey y'all

pauljgreco likes this.
  5. Cmoney86

Trusted

Also add Weezer fall out boy and the interrupters they are all out as well

6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

To add to this, here’s a list of albums with 15th anniversaries this year. I only chose ones from bands that have played before, or (to me) would be a good fit for Riot:

LCD Soundsystem- LCD Soundsystem
    The Academy Is...- Almost Here
    Queens Of The Stone Age-Lullabies To Paralyze
    Beck- Guero
    Acceptance- Phantons
    Eels- Blinking Lights and Other Revelations
    The Mountain Goats- The Sunset Tree
    The Hold Steady- Separation Sunday
    Nine Inch Nails- With Teeth
    Spoon- Gimme Fiction
    System Of A Down- Mezmerize/Hyponotize
    Alkaline Trio- Crimson
    Avenged Sevenfold- City Of Evil
    The Aquabats- Charge!!
    Motion City Soundtrack- Commit This To Memory
    Dropkick Murphy’s Warriors Code
    The All American Rejects- Move Along
    The Fall Of Troy- Doppelgänger
    A Wilhelm Scream- Ruiner
    Bayside- Bayside
    Death Cab For Cutie- Plans
    OK Go- Oh No
    Cohere And Cambria- Good Apollo
    Panic! At The Disco- A Fever You Can’t Sweat Out
    Thrice- Vheissu
    Valencia- This Could Be A Possibility

(Under The Cork Tree from FOB and Make Believe by Weezer excluded for obvious reasons)

7. Cmoney86

Trusted

they are playing concord music hall in January to celebrate this album

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm going to apologize starting now for all the times I am going to whine (and times I already have) about not being able to go all 3 days next year. I just hope the Sunday lineup is absolutely killer.

The rest of you can count on a My Chem reunion, Motion City Soundtrack playing their first 4 albums, All Time Low doing So Wrong It's Right for some reason, the Maine finally making an appearance, probably Fugazi or something and other great surprises to hurt me.

Ok I'm done now. But I do genuinely think this was a really great year for Riot and I'm excited to see how they build on the momentum.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Motion City aftershow with The Maine confirmed

ALT/MSC/FAN and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  10. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Give me 10 years for Menz’ Chamberlain Waits and Flats’ Cavalcade

JaytotheGee and pauljgreco like this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Did you accomplish what you wanted to here? Did you have your laugh? Do you feel better about yourself now?

:(

blinxspot and JaytotheGee like this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think this will happen at Riot but it will definitely happen at Fest and will be the best ever

13. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Chamberlain awaits was put out by Red Scare in Chicago and recorded in Chicago. So that would be cool to have at Riot Fest.

Edit: They also made their first appearance at Riot Fest the same year it came out I believe.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah that's a solid point, I just feel like the typical festival Menz crowd wouldn't care about them playing that album

Maybe if they did a normal set and then a second set on the Rebel stage doing Chamberlain

I would care very much though

15. I’m in favor of as many Menz sets as possible. In general, I’d like to hear a mix of their catalog though, since I like every subsequent record more than Chamberlain.

I think the Wonder Years are pretty likely to return, and and they’ve already talked about doing something special for The Upsides at some point next year.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  16. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I could see Neon Trees at this next year. They've played before and are in the middle of some kind of comeback. I could also be completely wrong.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'd LOVE to see them do what Against Me! did this year and do two albums. Commit This to Memory also turns 15 next year!

troyplaysbass likes this.
  18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

My wish list (even though I can't go next year, so this applies to 2021 for me haha):

- Julien Baker/Phoebe Bridgers/Lucy Dacus (either any of them solo or as boygenius)
    - Better Oblivion Community Center
    - Car Seat Headrest (I think he would fit in at Riot)
    - Courtney Barnett
    - Snail Mail
    - Soccer Mommy
    - Into It. Over It.
    - Chris Farren
    - Jeff Rosenstock
    - IDLES

Local bands:
    - Ratboys
    - Lala Lala
    - Slow Mass

19. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

This tour is all but official, just a matter of whether Riot will be where it's played or not

20. KindaFatMike

Trusted

new to Riot Wish List - headliners: Muse, MCR, Tool (wouldnt all be the same year but even 1 of 3 would be thrilling) ghost, garbage, screaming females, tsunami bomb, finch, dolly parton, the vines, electric 6, Sorry Scout, portugal the man, the interrupters (out due to hella mega), Ludo, the urge, greek fire

Riot Vets i want back - billy talent, deftones, joan jett, me 1st, matt & kim

21. campeondeluniverso

nah.

what about a reunited fun.?

KindaFatMike likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I would actually skip the wedding i'm supposed to go to if this happened. The bride probably would too.

But I don't see a fun. reunion happening anytime soon (if ever). I don't see what would really pull Jack back to a band with that level of commitment at this point. And if it did, I don't think it would really be a Riot Fest thing.

I do think we could see the Format or Steel Train play one day though, and I think either of those would fit better.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really want Op Ivy as always

24. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Would honestly take The Format over fun. at this point.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. I'd be stoked for either since I never saw Fun. but I think the Format is a lot more likely at this point.