Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 18

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

If they're doing soldier field, it'll be summer to avoid ruining the field during the Bears season. That sod is already crap and a show would tear it to shreds.

2. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

it's official for Sept 3 @ Soldier Field

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

I think they put something over the field so people aren’t actually on the field they do the same thing at wrigley and they did it at Chicago open air

4. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

It's like Labor Day weekend so it'll be fine. October is a whole different ballgame.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What's the over/under on All-American Rejects playing this thing? Looks like a tour is coming. I could readily see them in an early main stage slot performing Move Along as an album play.

weshankins34 and marissalg like this.
  6. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

It's possible. They play Chicago on February 20, but I think that is plenty enough time in advance to still play Riot Fest.

weshankins34 likes this.
  7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I had the same thought this morning. It would make a lot of sense.

The show in February said nothing about Move Along, even though they said the show the next night was a warm up for it or something? Makes it even more likely imo

8. marissalg

Trusted

AAR doing an anniversary set for Move Along is all I’ve ever wanted.

weshankins34 and theasteriskera like this.
  9. Also, the Chicago show next month is promoted by Riot Fest. I think they’re pretty likely.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well, that makes me a bit more excited than I already was. Fingers-crossed!

Already have the weekend off at work. Probably going to reserve a hotel room in the coming weeks to lock-in a decent rate well ahead of the schedule... Still bummed about missing last year, so trying to prevent that from happening again!

11. Tifoil

ñ

I can see them in the same slot as The Starting Line, playing the pop punk stage right before Taking Bak Sunday

theasteriskera likes this.
  12. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

No one said anything on my guess at The Format reuniting a few weeks ago... They just pressed Live at the Mayan on vinyl & released it to streaming, I'm holding out hope

alkalinexandy and pauljgreco like this.
  13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

AAR would be cool. I don't really care for anything they have released since album three but those first few have some absolute gems on.

14. KindaFatMike

Trusted

I only know 5 songs by them but 2 are on that album, so id check it out with hopes of the the other 3 coming at the end of the set, haha

15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Move Along has tons of bangers on it - Dirty Little Secret, Move Along, Top of the World, It Ends Tonight, Night Drive, Stab My Back, 11:11 PM, Dance Inside, and I'm Waiting all slap.

Morgan likes this.
  16. Morgan

Morgan

I can see them and Bright Eyes on for this year.

weshankins34 likes this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Bright Eyes is likely playing Pitchfork to get the headlining spot.

18. Tifoil

ñ

How many people attend Riot each day?

'Cause My Chemical Romance sold out 2 UK dates in less than an hour and will play for 60,000 people in total. I start to think Riot might be small for the crowd MCR could bring to the festival

weshankins34 likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew Jan 24, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 24, 2020)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, as of right now those are the only UK dates announced so people from all over were buying tickets. If a full US tour is announced with a stop at Riot Fest, I do not think that many people would be interested because, well, they are playing all over the US so people can just go to a show closer to them. That is not to say they would not draw a big crowd, but if they are playing many other dates, it would not turn out like the UK shows in terms of crowd size.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure what the average daily attendance is like at Riot Fest, but there's a few things to consider.

Scalpers inflating the number of tickets sold, the fact that it's My Chem's only performance not just in the UK but Europe, etc. I don't think they're too big.

Even if it were just a one-off show and it was billed as their only US show I really doubt it would be in like, a football stadium.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the difference is that was the only MCR UK date where as this will be surrounded by several others since they are most likely doing a full US tour

ItsAndrew and alkalinexandy like this.
  22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I don't know that them re-pressing a live record necessarily means anything. But it would be logical for them to do a reunion run at this point.

And Riot Fest would be a pretty logical tour stop if they wind up doing that.

I'm not necessarily expecting a full-blown US tour. But there's almost certainly going to be a handful of additional dates surrounding Riot Fest if they remain slotted for that.

I could see them doing 1-2 more California dates, something in Seattle, NYC, something else down south, with Riot Fest being their only midwest appearance. That would make a whole mess of sense as it would keep the demand up for individual shows and Riot Fest.

23. Tifoil

ñ

Now I'm curious, if they decide to do their show in Chicago not part of a festival, where would they play?

I agree they wont play at Soldier Field, but maybe Wrigley Field?

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly think they are not big enough to play Wrigley Field. They would probably play the United Center.

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

Why dose everyone still think mcr is playing this when all the rumors and sources people have are saying they are on lolla. The only reason they dropped off Coachella is cuz they didn’t like their spot. I’m sure they got bumped down when ratm signed on. I could see mcr on lolla and rage on riot. Granted they will have to change the stage set up to have all the people but I think it’s doable