Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 15

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

She would definitely fit logically, but the amount of people talking during her set would be awful

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

There's no debating whether or not she fits aesthetically. And she definitely fits the demo. I wouldn't even be surprised to see her on the line-up at some point.

But for me? I just wouldn't be into watching her in that setting unless something else was going on.

3. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

hi team i won tickets to this (and a bunch of records) so I'll see yall there in september !

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Nice! I won a turntable and bunch of records through that contest a couple years ago. I ended up selling all of them in a merch group for $20 a pop and the turntable for $50 and used them to buy a bunch of records I did want, haha.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  5. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

whaaaaaaaat iiiiiiiid nevvvvvvverrrrr dooooooooo thaaaaaaaat

*check back in two weeks*

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  6. ALT/MSC/FAN

Hahaha I literally gave a SWMRS record to my friend who I entered the contest with, and then sold off the rest because I am a man of particular taste.

7. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

who are the most probable bands playing? i dont wanna go back thru the thread lol

im assuming MCR headlines

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. Cmoney86

Trusted

Mcr is rumored to be headlining lolla

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

GWAR, Andrew WK, and Taking Back Sunday.

10. Strike Anywhere is releasing new music this year, so I really hope they play.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I heard they're all playing Lolla

12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Depending on what this Bright Eyes news is and what they do this year - they have to be in the running.

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I am assuming they'll be on the bill on that side-stage. Of a similar ilk, think we're likely to (finally) see the Suicide Machines this year as well (could be on that stage as well, or the main stage depending on who the headliner is that day).

14. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

Riot Fest would be a more genre-d fit but if they want that paycheck lolla is probably the better bet

15. Mike Dust 81 Jan 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2020)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Nofx, No Doubt, Faith No More, maybe No Fun At All.. am I missing any? oh, Circle Jerks

also, the Aquabats were technically booked the last 2 years in a row, so they may be added to the Gwar/Andrew WK/Taking Back Sunday mix

I'm also assuming lots of bands that played in 2015 & 2016 that are due for returns.. by April, it's a lot easier to figure out a lot of the lineup just based on who is & isn't booked yet in Chicago

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think NOFX is probably a safe-bet, along with at least a few of the Fat Wreck bands with albums dropping this year (the Suicide Machines, the Bombpops, Bad Cop/Bad Cop, Pears). We'll probably get a better sense as to whether or not those acts might be in the realm of possibility when Punk in Drublic drops its tour dates.

I'd guess NOFX and the Circle Jerks would take the festival $$$ over putting on their own show in that market, though.

17. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

have they ever done a Punk in Drublic fest in Chicago, I mean Chicago doesn't have enough music festivals as it is

edit: (that was supposed to be sarcasm)

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope, and there would be no need as we have Riot Fest and the 350 Fest in Tinley Park.

19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I believe the biggest rumours of bands I care about are The Front Bottoms, The Menzingers, Motion City Soundtrack, The Wonder Years and No Doubt.

and MCR but if they headline Lolla I will be pissed.

weshankins34 likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Those all make a ton of sense

I would bet a lot of money MCR is doing Riot and not Lolla

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I keep going back and forth on this.

Aesthetically, Riot Fest is a better fit. They could play to their fans and people who are generally more into them. They would also be guaranteed a headlining slot.

Lollapalooza would be much less their crowd, though I'm sure some people would go exclusively for them and the payday would be much better. But they also probably wouldn't headline. And they wouldn't be playing with very many bands/people they know or care about.

I'm certain they were offered both. All kinda depends on what route they want to go. My guess is? Riot Fest.

SamLevi11, Cgarnsay and AWasteOfATime like this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i mean i think they paid the misfits reunion close to a million dollars and that was a couple of years ago and thats probably what MCR wants so i feel like its all within the realm of possibility. Riot Fest seems like a perfect fit for them.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I honestly wouldn’t rule them out of Lolla. I mean they were all but confirmed to play Coachella which is a similar festival to Lolla. I think a lot of people would actually be interested in them at Lolla.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I know for a fact it will be Riot Fest. I called it the second I found out I wouldn’t be able to go the whole weekend this year. Same goes for Motion City, and hell probably even Modern Baseball. Why? Cus god hates me or something.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  25. Piercalicious

Regular

Ditching Coachella could signal that they're looking for festivals where they're featured as the "it" draw, which could help the case for Riot Fest.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.