Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2021 (September 17-19, Chicago IL) Tour • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

it'll be easy for them to get tickets if some of these people are getting early bird for Ratm

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Didn't we determine that the RATM dates were fake, and thus RATM isn't confirmed?

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yes but a lot of stupid people out there

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I mean, I fell for that fake tour poster and sent no fewer than four texts to different people in my life with it proclaiming how excited I was... Only to be let down a day or so later. Haha.

And I'm realizing just now that one of the people I had texted the news to initially? I never went back and corrected myself. So he currently thinks RATM is playing Riot Fest and wants to go. I should fix that.

Seriously, though. It blows my mind that people can't be bothered to google/fact-check shit they hear on the Internet. Looking forward to the wave of "BUT I THOUGHT RAGE WAS PLAYING?!!" tweets that are bound to happen in May if they aren't actually on the line-up.

5. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I mean Ratm could still be playing (although the odds are minuscule), but they'll have to shut down the other stages and fix their sound because the crowd will almost be back into the secondary stages..

weshankins34 likes this.
  6. Tifoil

ñ

The Veronicas playd Good Things Festival in Australia and they made a wall of death during Untoched, now I want them to play Riot Fest

domotime2 likes this.
  7. Mike Dust 81 Dec 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2019)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

That website is cancer on mobile

9. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Hopesfall are going to be in a festival the weekend after Riot Feat in Alabama. Gives me hope.

10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

The Academy Is... appear to be doing a 15 year album thing. Could be a Riot set?

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

They already did that album at Riot Fest in 2015. I could see them being on the line-up considering that they're from Chicago (and probably playing the album) but I don't know that Riot Fest would bill it as an album play.

12. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Ah I forgot they did that!

13. alkalinexandy Jan 2, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 3, 2020)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Looks like no My Chemical Romance for Coachella. Riot Fest is still in play. Nothing else notable in terms of acts Riot Fest might get that we didn't already know about, I don't think.

But PUP is on there. So that's pretty neat.

EDIT: Feeling pretty good about My Chemical Romance at Riot Fest this year. I also have a weird feeling about No Doubt headlining again. Mostly because of how it would look on the poster, how it would balance things out, etc:

My Chemical Romance / No Doubt / ???

Not sure who a third act would be. But I suspect we'll start to see the possibilities shaping up in the coming weeks as more tours and festival line-ups get announced.

weshankins34 likes this.
  14. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Any specific reason you think No Doubt is in play? Its pretty rare for them to repeat a top 3, blink is all i can think of (not counting jawbreaker since they werent top 3 2nd time around and i guess weezer but they were a very last minute substitute). I do think we shouldnt overlook a big mainstream rock act in the vein of ND, Beck, or Queens of the Stone age, but not sure who it would be that would fit size wise and also excite the riot crowd.. options like Arctic moneys, cage the elephant, panic at the disco, muse, and the black keys all come to mind but arguments can be made for all them being either too big, too small, or not the right style fit.

man, i had been hoping to distance myself from constant, year-round riot speculation at least til march/april, but the spectre of MCR and Rage were just too much to keep me away, lol

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Mostly just the tease about the Tragic Kingdom shows next year. And that would be a big enough get to warrant a repeat with the album play. But this is really just me thinking "Hrrrm, that would make sense!" and I can almost see it on the poster... But don't read into it. Hah.

You're right about the repeats and them not doing that with top 3 acts usually, but I think that's largely based on draw and availability versus just not wanting to look like they're booking the same bands. And also aesthetic.

Looking back over the past few years, a lot of the top 3 acts just don't tour very much or at all. And really weren't too active the year that they were booked. Others will do short runs or tour once every year or two but not so regularly. And for a lot of acts (including those you've listed as options) the scarcity is what makes them a festival headliner.

The potential for large reunions will always drive speculation. Based on what came to light over in the MCR thread, I think the "big get" for Riot Fest this year is going to be My Chemical Romance with RATM going to Lolla.

weshankins34 likes this.
  16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If Riot got Rage Against The Machine instead of My Chemical Romance, would y'all be happy? I'd imagine they would fit right in as much as MCR would at Riot.

17. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I would 100% rather have MCR but Rage would be great too

weshankins34 likes this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, both would excite me equally, albeit for different reasons.

But I think RATM might edge out MCR very slightly just based on the fact that MCR is more than likely going to do a full-blown US tour at some point in the near future, whereas Rage's shows are going to be far more limited... But that's just speculation.

19. atlas

Trusted

I respectfully do not really care about MCR so if it's between them and almost inarguably the most important political band of all time it's a no brainer for me. I don't think Riot gets Rage though without significantly altering the layout of the festival, the park is just not big enough

20. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

South side of the park for the regular festival, north side for RATM

21. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I'm not happy about these Dolly Parton wall of death posts,she is a legend that wrote three of the biggest songs in the 70s, 80s, & 90s... if we're gonna book random people and songs to act stupid.. i say book some of the Cash Money Records all stars and do one for Back Dat Azz Up by Juvenile

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Haven't been on the reddit which is where I assume that's getting posted. I've always wanted Dolly to play Riot Fest. Makes sense as one of their like older country/weird bookings, but I'd be seeing her without even a slight hint of irony, I just really genuinely want to see her perform (whether it's Riot Fest or elsewhere)

23. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I've been saying the same about Dwight Yoakam at Riot, who has roots in cowpunk (has even covered the Clash) and can put on a show in front of any type of crowd

ignore the whole wig & jugs gimmick, and Dolly Parton wrote "I Will Always Love You" which was a huge hit in 2 different decades and I think played to one of the largest crowds ever at Glastonbury 2 or 3 years ago

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I wonder if they would ever book softer acts who definitely fit the vibe of the festival like Julien Baker or Phoebe Bridgers. That would be cool.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean ya and her "Gimmick" really isn't any different than any modern pop star. Also wrote Jolene and 9 to 5 and these are just like her huge songs. She's got a ton of great ones. And seems like a genuinely great person. This really has nothing to do with the original post anymore I just love Dolly lol

I'll have to look into Dwight Yoakam. Never heard of him.