Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 99

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

Yeesh I hope sound is better tomorrow. Today was fun but I’ve never experienced sound issues here like they had today

2. atlas

Trusted

Worship and Tribute best set I’ve ever seen idc idc idc idc

3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'll agree on the sound issues. We left Senses Fail halfway through, I just couldn't hear anything at one point.

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Riot stage was plagued with sound issues so I heard half of Enema. “Cynical” was a nice surprise!

5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Sound sucked. The get up kids, dashboard, jawbreaker, and blink were my highlights

6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

That and violence shocked me

paperlung likes this.
  7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Jawbreaker, Descendents, and Angel Du$t were all stellar today.

8. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Alright, to anyone that saw TGUK, was there a new keyboardist?

9. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Radicals sounded like booty all damn day.

Still a great success for day one, will post more thoughts later

10. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Pvris aftershow was great. Had a hard time hearing Senses Fail, Dashboard, Hot Water Music and blink. I hadn’t even really listened to The Flaming Lips before but they were amazing.

11. Yes, not sure who he is though. They didn’t even mention that he was a fill-in or anything during the set. I may be reading too much into this, but in ten years of going to TGUK shows, this was the best they’ve sounded and the happiest they’ve looked on stage that I can remember.

theasteriskera likes this.
  12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

There was a decent portion of the afternoon where I was struggling from lack of sleep and lack of sunscreen so I didn’t see many after the Pkews, but once Angel Du$t Money got boppin things got good. Cock Sparer, Pennywise, Blink were all fun.

Can’t believe Angel Du$t Money only played 25 mins of their 40 min slot.

End of the fest for me this year but stoked for the AM! Show tonight

13. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Yesterday was a blast. I’m kind of glad that today is a little lighter for me today so I can recover from yesterday. I’m glad that Jawbreaker saves Boxcar and Kiss the Bottle for the end so that I was able to see them after Blink was done with the album.

14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Had a lot of fun yesterday. I was up front for Senses Fail and i could barely hear anything. Halfway through the set i went to the back and couldn't hear shit. Today should be much better at the Rebel stage.

Hot Mulligan were amazing as always. Their fan base reminds me of the DGD base where it's more of a cult... I wonder how long before they explode. It's one of those shows where i LOVE to look around and see the look on people's faces when seeing them for the first time.

People wouldn't stop rambling through DC's set, especially the acoustic stuff. I was pretty close to the front and they wouldn't shut the fuck up...

Really enjoyed TGUK, i thought they sounded great.

Glassjaw waa awesome but i left halfway because i was exhausted. Got there at 1 after half work day.

Today should be a short one for me. Microwave, Senses Fail and Rise Against.

So far the Rebel stage is my favorite by far.

15. Today I’m planning to see: Cherry Glazerr, Turnstile, Surfer Blood, a bit of Avail, Cursive, a bit of Damned Things, a bit of Testament, a few songs each of the Struts/Pvris/Anthrax, Rise Against, some Slayer, Bloc Party.

Heads up for anyone planning around the headliner conflict tonight: Bloc Party has been playing Silent Alarm in reverse order recently and will probably do the same tonight. So if you mainly want to see the hits, you can probably see the first half hour of Slayer and still make it over to BP for Banquet/Helicopter/etc.

16. owenlongsworth

Regular

Good to see Riot Fest is taking the easy way out and just blaming all of the sound issue in nearly every stage on the wind. Those stages sounded fucking awful early on in the day when it wasn’t even windy at all.

Anti-Flag on Radicals stage - sound was pretty decent. Was able to enjoy them.

Matt Kerekes & Angel Du$t on the Rebel stage - Hands Down the best sounding stage. Both of them sounded amazing and out in great shows.

The Get Up Kids on the Rise Stage - was about the half way point in the crowd and couldn’t hear a fucking thing. Absolutely pointless, so we walked away.

Cock Sparrer on the Radicals stage - sounded great from the elephant ear line.

Pennywise on the Radicals stage - sounded okay, very muddy sounding.

Dashboard Confessional on the Riot stage - sounded awful. Again, you couldn’t hear shit.

The Flaming Lips on the Roots stage - this was the biggest letdown of the day. They are one of those bands that I’ve obviously seen and heard their name for what feels like my entire life, but have just never got around to listening to. And then have obviously heard how amazing their live shows were, so I was looking forward to their set. And again, the sound was very muddy and quiet. We walked away a couple songs in.

And then we just left half of a song into Blink on the Riot stage. So fucking muddy and quiet.

17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

im so glad manchester and bloc party are on the RISE stage, echoing what others have said about the sound sucking all day on Riot and Roots.

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The move today is Masked Intruder, Turnstile, GWAR, Avail, The Damned Things, Grandson, The Story So Far, Manchester Orchestra, Andrew WK, Slayer and Bloc Party.

19. owenlongsworth

Regular

I am so bummed that both Turnstile & Against Me! are on the Roots & Root staves because they are the top 2 bands I came to see.

And even worse, I have to decide between seeing Manchester Orchestra or Wu-Tang Clan. Such a tough choice haha. I’ve seen Manchester a handful of times and never have seen Wu-Tang. But Manchester is also one of the greatest live brands I have ever seen.

20. AMusial625

Regular

I’d bet that MO will announce a Chicago METN show on Monday for that December run.

chewbacca110 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  21. atlas

Trusted

go see Microwave today

Joe4th and JaggySnake83 like this.
  22. Jim

Trusted Supporter

they have one already, its just not announced yet. they accidentally posted a pic of the dates with Chi on it.
    [​IMG]

chewbacca110 likes this.
  23. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Oh boy I feel dead today. Probably heading over soon but I need some Dark Matter Coffee ASAP
    :verysad:

24. AMusial625

Regular

Wasn’t aware of this. Thank you!

25. AMusial625

Regular

Getting in yesterday was a joke they literally searched no one unless you had a bag. Any different today??

pauljgreco likes this.
  26. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah they didn't give a shit about anything yesterday. Me and the fiance always bring in a ton of stuff (Excedrin, tons of wipes/napkins/tissues,) change of clothes, phone charger, basically anything we can fit in a single backpack we take. They searched basically none of the little bags we had in our backpack... Absolutely insane to do that especially in 2019