Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 92

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. whatisthat

Is the map for the stages out yet?

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

H2O - Go was a pinnacle album for me. I knowwwwww it's considered their "pop" album (which in every other world but hardcore world is crazy to say), but i think it's a great album. It's the album that really really really opened the punk world to me. And it was because of the major release of that album.

But yes, they never play shit from this album because h2o fans consider it their pop album and i guess they must also agree to that notion.

Other than GO, i agree FTTW is #1...and also agree that pretty much all h2o albums have at least a handful of classics. If i told someone who never heard h2o what album to listen to? FTTW definitely.

4. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Yeah man I'd really like to see them drop "Like A Prayer" on us :)

domotime2 and alkalinexandy like this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Go is a "pop" album in production alone. The songwriting is still pretty consistent with what they had been doing/have done since. Some of the tempos are a little slower, some of the intros aren't what they normally would have gone for previously or since then, etc. But it's still essentially the same band writing the same songs. With the same lyrics. With an added sheen to it.

It's definitely a solid album with some huge stand-outs (for me, those are "Out Of Debt," "Self-Reliable," "Role Model," and "Memory Lane"). Just doesn't compare to the two post-reunion records or F.T.T.W.

6. marissalg

Trusted

planning out my schedule and thinking about the guy that yelled at me two years ago for not knowing how important jawbreaker was and I was like I was 2 when they broke up.

7. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Tentatively mapped out my schedule each day, and god damn, Im going to be running a marathon on Saturday, sooo much back and forth from 2 main stages to the rebel stage in the first 1/2 of the day, and then constant bouncing in the evening to try and catch partials of rise against/wutang/slayer/bloc party

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

weshankins34 likes this.
  9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I've always wondered how that discussion went with the label. "You know that secret track on the album that you guys did for fun? Yeah, we want that to be the next single..."

That and the All We Want E.P. that the band seems to hate, I've always been curious about how those came about. I mean, I know why they did the Madonna cover but why it was released as a single or whatever.

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

Interactive schedule and the app are both up now.

weshankins34 likes this.
  11. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Was just thinking on my drive home from work an hour ago when the app would get updated haha

12. whatisthat

Turnstile or Drakulas? Help me decide

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

theasteriskera and weshankins34 like this.
  14. ALT/MSC/FAN

theasteriskera and weshankins34 like this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

I've always loved that EP... But I'm not that huge on H2O

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If you're a Mike Wiebe devotee and you've been wanting to see them live for a while now? Drakulas is worth checking out for at least a few songs. Especially since they aren't a very active band. Compared to Turnstile, who tour very regularly and are showing no signs of slowing down anytime soon.

That's the move I'd make. Watch 85% of Turnstile's set but pop over to the smaller stage for a song or two from Drakulas set to see if it grabs me.

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

Speaking of Wiebe, has Riverboat Gamblers ever played? Or played recently? I saw them at Warped 2010 while waiting for a We Are the In Crowd signing, have since gotten into them, and want to see them at some point.

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

20. Pokinatcha Punk Sep 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 3, 2019)
    Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

They played back in 2009 but I don’t think that they have since. Which is too bad because I love seeing him do crazy stuff.

Edit: I guess I forgot about that 2010 show since I must have gone to a different late show that night.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. Tifoil

ñ

Jawbreaker will be doing a signing at Reckless Records on the 12th

22. ALT/MSC/FAN Sep 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 3, 2019)
    ALT/MSC/FAN

HOLY SHIT

EDIT: Now I have to decide between this and Aquabats.

23. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Still havent booked a hotel/airbnb for this yet. Anyone know any good spots?

24. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I can’t believe that it is only 8 days away!

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Guys it's officially time to start complaining about weather

theasteriskera and marissalg like this.