Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 83

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Just posting to say that I love The Burlington in all of it's general shoddiness. I'd generally rather attend a show there than all of the other venues aftershows are being held at except for Reggies and Cobra.

i miss the chicago music scene. :/

2. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Reggie's fucks hard. Wish it was more north, but it's such an easy train ride with it's location that it doesn't really matter.

swboyd likes this.
  3. KindaFatMike

Trusted

id been humming and hawing about doing another post-fest activity (already going to dashboard on friday) but you sold me, and plus its only $20. You may or may not hear from my lawyers on Sunday, If its Hot Mulligan, ima be pissed. Is the pizza free???

4. The pizza IS free! I think we'll prob get at least one of Pkew x3, Teenage Bottlerocket, or Masked Intruder. Actually, if none of those bands play you can also sue me.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  5. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Those were my guesses too except with the ergs in place of TBR since they already have their own after show. Id be very happy with any of them! My other hope was Tsunami bomb. They are in town the following week for punk in the burbs and the pizza party description mentioned bands playing The fest, which TB is also at. its a long shot but would totally make my weekend.

6. Ah whoops, I forgot that TBR already has an after show. Oh man I'd love it if the Ergs ended up on it!

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I like it but I’ve only ever been to shows there than weren’t really crowded so it was easy to move around.

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish Riot Fest held aftershows at Lincoln Hall/Schubas, Empty Bottle, or Beat Kitchen, because all of those venues are great to see shows at and most are in easy to access locations.

swboyd likes this.
  9. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Just pulled the trigger on two tickets for PPPP5, let's gooo.

Seems a bit odd that they would start at 9pm with RF still going though. Hoping its 9pm doors and bands at 10pm or something.

Danny likes this.
  10. KindaFatMike

Trusted

I believe that is the case

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Would love to hit the pizza party for a little bit before AM! Show at Metro starts at 11:30... so AM! probably won't be on until about 12:15-12:30...

12. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Bottom Lounge is good for aftershows because you can take the green line straight there from the festival. Going to PVRIS on Friday there. I also have tickets to both AM! and TBS on Saturday so I have a tough decision to make.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I almost bought both so I could just make my decision last minute lol

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, I'd have loved to have gone to the Pizza Party, but it's just on too busy of a night.

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The Burlington has a hard midnight curfew. No bands are allowed to play past midnight there.

16. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Hmm that's odd, it says until 1am on the website...

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

18. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

19. mikeb1124

Regular

Looks like the Pizza Party has sold out. I do have two tickets that I need to transfer if anyone missed out.
    PM me on here if interested.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Might be interested!

Just trying to look into the logistics of going there before seeing AM! at the Metro

Will probably know once the schedule drops

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

How far apart are the venues? I’m going right to AM so I can keep you posted about when they go on.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  22. Burlington and Metro aren’t particularly close and aren’t even near the same train line so unless you’re driving, it would probably be a hassle to get to both of those shows unfortunately.

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah just looked into it... bummer :/

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

You could always Uber/Lyft from Burlington to the Metro, but with traffic, stop lights, etc. and them being over 4 miles apart, it will likely take a while.

Just an aside...most venues (except for like, Bottom Lounge/Cobra Lounge and Metro/GMan) are not close to each other and nowhere near Douglas Park. Plan extra time to get to whichever venue you are going to and even more time if you are doing two shows/aftershows in one day.

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

theasteriskera likes this.