Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 81

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Teenage Bottlerocket is Mean Jeans, Clowns and Jen from The Bombpops

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. whatisthat

Nice!

JaytotheGee likes this.
  3. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I was there too and left even before NFG went on because it was just awfully overpacked.

alkalinexandy and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Iron Chic and No Parents are opening the Descendents show, yet another reason why I'm sad it's the same night as TBS and AM.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Pkewx3 opening the Hold Steady show at Thalia next Thursday. Don’t know if that makes them less likely for Pizza Party or not

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it probably does.. although if they keep the headliner secret it shouldn't matter

I could see Masked Intruder maybe doing it since they are playing Saturday

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m sure I’m setting myself up for disappointment, but I’d love the schedule tomorrow

JaytotheGee likes this.
  8. I’d love it at 10 AM today, but also prepared for disappointment.

9. KindaFatMike

Trusted

Yea, any time they post on FB with the wording "Today would be a great day to get your $49.98 single-day tickets." like they did yesterday, makes me hopeful for an announcement that comes along with a price bump.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  10. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

I don't think we'll get a schedule for a couple more weeks but I hope to be wrong.

11. Tifoil

ñ

Cloud Nothings is going to be the opening act for Converge at House of Vans.
    They were one of the bands I was excited to see at Riot as they were on tour with The Get Up Kids

12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I need a month to get over my disappointment of inevitable Saturday conflict

JaytotheGee likes this.
  13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

weshankins34 likes this.
  14. ALT/MSC/FAN

Travis Barker is also doing a DJ set on Friday at Soundbar

weshankins34 and Daniel182 like this.
  15. Daniel182 Aug 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2019)
    Daniel182

Do you know if tickets went on sale and sold out that fast? Says not available.

Edit: They went on sale, and I got some!

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Anyone have a link for that? Im kind of interested

17. Daniel182

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

Glad to hear!

Daniel182 likes this.
  19. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Travis Barker DJ set sounds appealing but I'm fairly sure I would hate the music he plays all night haha

Pokinatcha Punk likes this.
  20. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I just started checking out bands from Saturday that I don’t know since it is so light for me on th tat day. The second that I read that Drakulas is fronted by Mike from the Riverboat Gamblers, they shot up to one of my highest priorities for the day. If he is even 1/4 as entertaining with them as he is with the Riverboat Gamblers, it should be a fun set.

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Hah! Drakulas was one of the first "woah, cool gets!" moments I had when I glanced at the poster the first time. I've never seen them live, but I'm sure that Mike is just as fun with that band as he is the Gamblers.

22. natefoundglory Aug 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2019)
    natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I made a very lengthy playlist of all the bands (3 songs per priority band, 2 for ones I like/am familiar with, 1 for unknowns, 0 for Die Antwoord), and I've been super digging a lot of the bands I wasn't familiar with/never heard of. Pink Fly and Ramona are pretty great ones that I've been enjoying. Had also never given Pkew a chance until now, I hope I can catch them.

Also, have I been living in some sort of weird Avail echo chamber? I'd like to think I'm very knowledgeable about music of all genres, but I've never heard of them until they were announced for this, and I am starting to fall in love with them.

alkalinexandy and JaytotheGee like this.
  23. whatisthat

Didn't know it was the same singer, def checking them out

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Ah shit Saturday is already stacked for me but Mike is one hell of a frontman I’ll have to check them out

25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Ramona have one of my favorite albums of 2019, thus far! Happy to hear somebody else in this thread is getting into them. Definitely worth checking out live too.

I can see how Avail might be a band somebody wasn't aware of at this point. They were a middling band with an extremely passionate fanbase in the late 90s/early 2000s, and their style was definitely pretty influential on the whole Fest "sound." But by the time that sound was gaining any sort of traction... Avail had already been around a bit, so they got a bit drowned out by some of the newer and younger bands with a similar sound who got bigger/more popular around that same time (Hot Water Music, Strike Anywhere, Against Me!, Rise Against).

I got into them around 2003 when they released Front Porch Stories on Fat Wreck, and dug into their back catalog from there... And I'm so happy that I did! I feel pretty lucky to say that I caught them live a handful of times before they disbanded. One of my all-time favorites. And they played a part in one of the best shows I've ever seen (the Bouncing Souls with Dillinger Four, Strike Anywhere, Avail, None More Black, and the Soviettes in NYC circa 2004).

I'm glad they're back and (apparently) gaining some new fans! Hopefully they have a decent crowd at Riot Fest.

natefoundglory likes this.