Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 80

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Pizza party Saturday at Burlington

Danny likes this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Avail and AM for me. Hopefully pizza party Friday and Vein Thursday.

Edit: guess that’s a no for the pizza party.

4. KingofSpain

Idk why the post isn’t showing up. They said details next week.

5. Will 100% be at the Pizza Party, will 100% be blasted

Michael Schmidt and JaytotheGee like this.
  6. Michael Schmidt

:heart:

Danny likes this.
  7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I might just do Vein on Thursday and make a 4-day show streak

8. Michael Schmidt

Vein, Higher Power, Soft Kill, and Dead Heat at Reggie’s is a great lineup at a cool venue. It’s definitely the Thursday move, with no disrespect to The Aquabats.

9. KingofSpain

going to vein now too. I’m tired just thinking about that weekend now but fuck it

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  10. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Anyone who wanted to go to Mannequin Pussy on the 11th, it just got moved to Lincoln Hall due to demand so tix are open!

Jim and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  11. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I never have enough energy for any of the of after festivities

12. marissalg

Trusted

last year my dumb ass was like “yeah you can work a full day then fly to Chicago and go right to the festival then an aftershow” and then I cried during fat lip by sum 41 bc I was so overtired and again at a taco place at 3am.

13. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I usually don’t do after shows because I know I will be tired, but with Saturday being so light for me this year, I figured I shouldn’t be as exhausted as normal.

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Planning on Aquabats and Vein on Thursday and Against Me On Saturday!

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Metro to Reggies is actually a pretty far trip so I don't think it's likely to do both anymore

16. KindaFatMike

Trusted

i can usually only muster 1 night of aftershow/post-fest partying but bought for 2 differnet shows this year on a whim. soooo if anyone needs a descendents after show ticket, im willing to part with it...

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I've found I tend to gravitate toward the aftershows as "back-ups" to missing bands I really want to see. I also make the decision based on the openers to a certain extent... Last year, knowing that I'd get to see Bad Religion, Mannequin Pussy, and Bully (versus just K.Flay or Lagwagon with a band I dislike) made the decision easier. And the one year with NFG, Bayside, and Radar State? That was too sweet a top to bottom line-up to pass up.

That being said, I think I've only ever stayed until the very end of two that I've ever bought tickets to, though. Hah. And that was the Bouncing Souls last year (which was a fucking party) and the Get Up Kids in like, 2014. But that was the first day of the fest and my friend and I went to the hotel for a quick nap before heading back out.

I bailed about halfway through Bad Religion's set last year, and the same for New Found Glory and Taking Back Sunday's aftershow sets the year before. Still glad I went for the bits of the shows that I did, though!

pauljgreco and KindaFatMike like this.
  18. whatisthat

I just remember sleeping deeply in the back of the venue through the whole opening band for Naked Raygun last time they played an after show at Double Door

19. Underwater Dingo

As much as I wanted to go to some of the aftershows this year I honestly don't think I'd have the energy for them, like others said I went to some previous years and I barely lasted through some of them and the majority of them I just went back to my hotel halfway through

20. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

I did emo karaoke last year and it was awesome. Definitely left me exhausted tho

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

All good! We can play it by ear too.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  22. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I did that NFH/Bayside aftershow a couple years ago and could only handle Bayside's set before you bounced. Had tickets for the Aaron West show last year but after a while weekend and how mellow of a set that would have been, no way I was going to be able to do it. Couldn't get me this year even with a TBS album set with The Get Up Kids.

I very much regret not going to the K.Flay show because holy moly she is great.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

2017 I did the NFG/Bayside show and dipped halfway through NFG's set. Honestly wasn't feeling it after such a long day and just wanted to get some sleep, plus Concord is super hard to enjoy a show there when it's super packed (felt the same way about the Sum 41 aftershow last year.

The acoustic Menzingers one at Gman in 2017 was unreal and so much fun though. Aaron West last year was solid too, and it was nice getting to see Beach Bunny that early on.

pauljgreco likes this.
  24. Michael Schmidt

It’s probably not doable, but if Vein ends before the Aquabats go on you could take the train there. The are stops right by Reggie’s and Wrigley.

ALT/MSC/FAN and JaytotheGee like this.
  25. whatisthat

What are the "special guests" usually for the after shows, a band, an invited singer? Who may it be for the Cock Sparrer and Teenage Bottlerocket shows?