Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 78

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m so torn, idk if I should do Dashboard or not cus I don’t want to overdo it on aftershows, especially since I’ll be doing Mannequin Pussy Wednesday and Aquabats Thursday. May sit that one out to just be able to chill a little.

Im trying to decide who is more likely to play these albums again in the future and I feel like it’s probably TBS. I can wait until 2024 to see WYWTB in full I guess

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel like it's likely they'll announce Chicago shows after the festival too... Wish I was coming in early for MP

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. marissalg

Trusted

Reggie’s does the bus to and from the festival right? Would be nice to to dashboard and have a ride there haha.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

TBS, AM!, or both? Idk I feel like they wouldn’t be doing all the album plays if they were gonna come back and do it again.

It’s not too late for MP... just believe in yourself

5. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

2013 also saw daily schedules the week of the festival but yeah, shouldn't be that late unless someone cancels or doesn't like when they're playing.

2013 was because of Joan Jett not wanting to on after GWAR. They moved what stage she was on and put Andrew W.K. after GWAR because you can't really object to fake blood when your own blood will be spilled.

6. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Reggie's bus is my primary way out of the festival. It's a death trap and you breathe in some diesel fumes but they sell PBR on the bus and it's a wild ride. Gets me to a place where surge pricing isn't happening and I can get home.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

TBS, I don't think AM would but maybe...

But you are correct maybe I will consider it haha

8. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Also gonna be at MP. I think I have it balanced well of MP Wednesday, RF Friday, and aftershow Saturday

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Decided on Against Me!, especially since I have another shot to see WYWTB in full in Detroit in October. Relistening to New Wave now and decided pretty quickly that I can't pass this up.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Definitely say what’s up at MP. That’s a good weekend, but could also use some more RF! Lol

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just listened to WYWTB and New Wave back to back and had the same reaction. Those first 4 songs on NW are something else.

12. myawrld

Regular

New Wave is Against Me's best album - prove me wrong

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The Bouncing Souls did it right last year too! Their set list at Cobra Lounge was very different from the one they played earlier that day.

I wonder if some of those shows will also be album plays for AM!, TBS, Avail, etc. I remember choosing between Lagwagon and (I forget whether it was Bad Religion or the Souls) last year and thinking I made the right decision when I found out later that Lagwagon basically just played the same set they did at the proper festival.

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  14. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Yes! My buddy and I were the ones that got them to play the chorus of "Ole!" haha, such a great show.

alkalinexandy and KindaFatMike like this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If AM! wasn't playing Cowboy I think it'd be an easy choice for TBS and TGUK. And I'm seeing TBS do WYWTB in Oct but that's my fav album by them and the addition of TGUK makes it hard to say no to

16. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I won't fight you on that one.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's between New Wave and Transgender Dysphoria Blues for me.

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Just realized how many good shows are happening starting the Saturday before Riot until the Monday right after Riot ends (but not aftershows). I based my list off of who I've seen mentioned on Chorus before. Not that any of you NEED to spend more money...but I just thought this list may be useful.

Social Distortion/Flogging Molly/The Devil Makes Three/Le Butcherettes - Northerly Island - Saturday
    Ezra Furman/Speedy Ortiz/Stef Chura - Lincoln Hall - Saturday
    Dessa - Thalia Hall - Saturday
    Dude York/What Gives - Beat Kitchen - Sunday
    Big Business/Meat Wave - Empty Bottle - Sunday
    Lingua Ignota - Empty Bottle - Monday
    Pinegrove - Lincoln Hall - Tuesday
    Pinegrove - Thalia Hall - Wednesday
    Free Throw/Chris Farren/Youth Fountain/Macseal - Subterranean - Wednesday
    Mannequin Pussy - Schubas - Wednesday
    Vein - Reggies - Thursday
    Hatchie - Empty Bottle - Thursday
    Slaughter Beach, Dog - Lincoln Hall - Friday
    Fontaines D.C. - Lincoln Hall - Sunday
    Girl In Red - Lincoln Hall - Monday

weshankins34 likes this.
  19. ALT/MSC/FAN

Also the Aquabats show on Thursday starts at 6, so if anyone wants to try doing both, it might be possible to make it in time for Vein after it's over.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The best AM! album is Cowboy

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'd say it's between As The Eternal Cowboy and Transgender Dypshoria Blues for me. Those two records are concise, and top-to-bottom loaded with bangers that feel urgent and important.

Searching For A Former Clarity is in a distant third.

New Wave has 3-4 brilliant tracks, but so much of that album just feels like filler to me (and, frankly, it sounds like Laura just doesn't give a shit about half of the tracks on the record). White Crosses has the same issue, but a much higher batting average despite having more songs than its predecessor.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  22. whatisthat

What's the info on this bus? Thanks

theasteriskera and paperlung like this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is a little off topic but somehow I knew Stop! way before I knew who Against Me! was and when I first heard it I was convinced it was like a “classic” song they covered. I have never been able to figure out where I knew it from does anyone have ideas?

24. Tifoil

ñ

Can someone help me buying a ticket for Taking Back Sunday aftershow? I can pay a little more than face value in return.

Im from Mexico and Ticketfly website wont let me buy tickets. I tried buying for Enter Shikari show on October with 3 different cards and none worked :(

theasteriskera likes this.
  25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It was a Rock The Vote song or something

I still really don't like that song lol