Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 67

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

So maybe Against Me is also playing two different dates. Y'all maybe had to book multiple bands to play multiple days? Not a good look.

2. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I think that's kind of awesome? How the hell is that "not a good look"?

3. Against Me! playing multiple days of this festival is a feature, not a bug.

4. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

To me it means those are spots that could have been filled by different acts. I don't want to watch the same band two days out of the weekend.

5. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

That probably means TBS is doing two days as well, since both those albums are like 90 minutes combined.

*shrug*
    If it was a different act no one knew, people would complain. If the bands had to shove two albums in an hour, people would complain.

6. Cmoney86 Jun 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 4, 2019)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

09/13 – Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest (performing Let It Enfold You in its entirety)
    09/14 – Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest (performing From The Depths Of Dreams in its entirety)

I’m guessing tbs will do the same thing or they are playing a after show but I could also see 2 days at riot fest plus a after show playing the album not being played at riot. they have a show Friday so they are def sat or sun

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Then don't? Just go watch someone else or use that time to get food/drinks/etc.

If Senses Fail was your favorite band I am sure you would have a different feeling about this.

333 GANG and Rusty_Shackleford like this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Wild! So I assume Against ME is getting 2 sets as well.

9. I’m starting to check out the bands on this lineup that I haven’t heard before (because I totally need more potential schedule conflicts). Ween was first up, and The Mollusk sure is something. I’m don’t think I’ve heard an album quite like that one before.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Wait until you hear Chocolate And Cheese

Edit: You know what? Wait until you hear the rest of their discography

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

In the case of Taking Back Sunday, I think it was probably more the bands wanting to stick with the current set lists/tour and that being the only way Riot Fest could make it work. Feels like a reasonable solution, honestly.

If they didn't do that, I'd imagine some folks in that surrounding area would be bummed that they didn't get a chance for two album plays like the rest of the tour.

I think AM! will probably play one day and cram it all into a one-hour set (tight, but feasible). Probably why it's Axl Rose instead of another album.

Feels like a fair go for any fan of AM! or TBS. The Senses Fail thing just feels... Weird, though.

12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Highly doubt either album play is an aftershow. They're announced for the actual festival. People would for sure be upset if they had to get aftershow tickets to see either album if they're announced for the festival they already bought tickets for

weshankins34 likes this.
  13. Cmoney86

Trusted

Reread it I said the album they aren’t playing at riot fest play at an after show since the actual tour is 3 full albums....

14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Punctuation helps.

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t see Taking Back Sunday doing an aftershow. They played one in 2017 and are also playing a House of Vans show here a few months prior. I just don’t know if there is enough demand for them to do an aftershow even if they were playing an album in full.

pauljgreco likes this.
  16. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

YUP!

To be honest, I wish they were doing C&C, Pure Guava or GodWeenSatan.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Blink's playing Enema in full on their summer tour!

Also, from their routing, it looks like they're playing Friday!

Mike Dust 81 likes this.
  18. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Yea, their press release a few weeks back said Friday.. but yeah, Mutt!

19. Tifoil

ñ

The tour poster doesn't include Riot Fest, but hopefully they play it there in full too

20. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I feel like it is pretty unlikely that they play it at every show except Riot Fest. I would be furious.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  21. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

None of the festivals they are playing during the tour are on the poster, it's going to be a pain in the ass to do a different setlist with their stage setup so don't worry about it.

alkalinexandy and Tifoil like this.
  22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I am pro Enema at Riot Fest. I know I will be getting songs I've never heard live.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  23. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Me too! If they were just playing the same old setlist with some new songs peppered in I probably would have skipped them at Riot. But them playing Enema shoots them up to one of my top acts that I'm excited for.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

It's interesting that Enema isn't included in the album plays.

25. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

it was announced last minute because that tour is selling like shit lol