Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 51

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. BingoCrossFur

My last day at current job, dicking around guessing that each of these means one band.

0: "You saw a poster that said 'Riot Fest.'" --> RIOT = White Riot = Clash Reunion with Strummer Hologram
    1: "It's time to party." --> Andrew WK
    2: "You can’t really think of anything better to do." --> I Just Want to Have Something To Do == Hologram Ramones
    3: "To look for the keys you lost last year in the porta potty." --> Potty == Turds == Enema == Blink-182
    4: "It’s better than staying at home." --> Home == Naked Raygun Song == Naked Raygun
    5: "Nobody would go to prom with you. This is better than prom." == I Didn't Get Invited to the Prom == The Queers
    6: "You've been dreaming about Riot Fest lately, haven't you?" == Dreaming == Blondie...again
    7: "To puke on the Ferris wheel." == Save Ferris
    8: "To bathe in the blood of aliens." == Gwar
    9: "You need to break in your new boots." == Bootsy Collins
    10: "You hate cantaloupe, and cantaloupe is banned." == Cantaloop == Us3
    11: "Maybe John Stamos will finally be there this year." == DJ TANNER!
    12: "These are the best years of your life, and if you blink, they’ll be gone." == Best years of your life == BAHA MEN
    13: "You love to poop in the porta potties." == This has already gotten boring and I can't possibly keep it up for 70 more of these.

2. BingoCrossFur May 23, 2019
    (Last edited: May 23, 2019)
    BingoCrossFur

"Nobody would go to prom with you. This is better than prom."

WAIT!
    I need a date to the prom
    Would you like to come along
    But nobody would go to the prom with me baby

Violent Femmes -- American Music

Violent Femmes are already pretty much certain for Riot Fest

Are there actual hints in here and not just stupid bullshit??!??!??!?!?!!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. GreenDayForRiot May 23, 2019
    (Last edited: May 23, 2019)
    GreenDayForRiot

Regular

#38 is an Andrew WK lyric verbatim and #43 mentions GWAR by name, but we already knew they both were playing. Whether any of the other things are clues or not I'm not sure

It might be that they'll start rolling out different fortunes at some point with more direct hints. Been checking today and nothing new so far though. Maybe this weekend?

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It is no fun at all, and mine is only possible at the moment (but my gut tells me it’ll happen). Ah well, life I suppose

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I'm guessing next week. I'm seeing sponsored posts on facebook from them saying the lineup is coming soon, so it looks like they're getting ready to roll this out. Stoked!

6. Morgan

Morgan

I feel like that A Day To Remember / Knocked Loose tour will be there

Cgarnsay likes this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

8. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

His solo tour has him in Europe during the Riot Fest dates. Maybe next year though!

ItsAndrew and alkalinexandy like this.
  9. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

The Racs one is 100% not bullshit.

10. natesmith083

Regular

My cousin asked me to be an usher in his wedding, thanksgiving weekend, at 1pm, an hour after the Michigan-Ohio State game starts...

I have Michigan season tickets...

Cgarnsay and alkalinexandy like this.
  11. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

ItsAndrew likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

My cousin is getting married during Riot weekend in 2020 so I will be out. Welcome to the club!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

lol I know for a fact that he is on their never again list. I know they were working on getting his cut back after the shit he pulled.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  14. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

RATM reunion actually happening?

weshankins34 likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Not a club I want to be in :(

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

17. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The statement to Brad Wilk (through you) is still to not fuck with me.

After seeing SOAD and Tool last weekend, it would knock the last of my top 3 bucket list bands off the list.

JaggySnake83 likes this.
  19. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

That would be amazing, but I might actually worry for my safety after hearing how crazy their Lolla set was in 2008.

Morgan and chewbacca110 like this.
  20. T_D_A_G_A_R_I_M

Regular

Even if RATM got back together, Riot is too small for their reunion. The crowd would be massive for that reunion and Riot would have to re-do their stage configuration.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If they get back together I think they play the venue in Tinley or even Soldier Field. Are they big enough for Soldier Field though?

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

If rage gets back together they would play lolla over anything and everything or do their own fest out in Cali

23. Cmoney86

Trusted

They would sell out both their crowd at lolla back in 2008 was fucking massive

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Rage Against the Machine is absolutely my #1 bucket band to see live, so a reunion would be incredible.

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

i really hope mike shinoda plays

natesmith083 likes this.