Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 49

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. T_D_A_G_A_R_I_M

Regular

I wish Riot had a comedy tent similar in size to the Hellzapoppin tent.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Kinane, Hannibal Burress, Bert Kreisher, Eric Andre.

3. AMusial625

Regular

Chris D’Elia 100%

4. Morgan

Morgan

Pete Davidson. Also John Mullany since it is Chicago

weshankins34 and chewbacca110 like this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'd be into it if they added a comedy stage, but honestly? I'm glad they don't. It would add another layer of potential conflicts.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Does anybody remember the date they put that phone line up, in relation to the line-up announcement, last year? And were there any hints in that? They just posted this on the web site. I did it a couple times, and the responses were just silly. But the site says it will be continually updated...

I'm now thinking the line-up might drop next week.

GreenDayForRiot likes this.
  7. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

The most compelling ones I got in about 10 minutes of clicking were:

"Because this year's lineup cannot be missed. You'll see real soon."

"Well, we're announcing the lineup pretty soon...maybe that will convince you?"

Yeah, they gotta be planning on dropping it next week

I wasn't paying attention last year but a quick google search seems to indicate that came out in July, after the first wave was already released

weshankins34 likes this.
  8. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Neil Hamburger

... going back to my self imposed sabbatical now, see you all again next week

alkalinexandy likes this.
  9. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I seem to be getting line up hints but only for bands we already knew were playing.

I got it's time to party, getting covered in Alien blood, and "These are the best years of your life, and if you blink, they’ll be gone."

Edit: "If you don’t go, we will hide clowns in your closet." Insane Clown Posse confirmed. JK (god I hope that isn't a hint!)

10. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't be surprised if some clues start to drip out of that site.

11. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Well, the website just crashed a couple times as I tried to load it. Maybe the hype is extra real this year.

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I got GWAR and Andrew W.K. too.

Doubt the clown one is a hint... But if it is? Insane Clown Posse would make way more sense than some of the other guesses folks have been throwing out there. I mean, at least there's a circus tent.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Could “horrible things” be a hint for anyone?

I’m really think next Wednesday for the lineup now. Makes sense to start teasing a week in advance.

14. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

"If you don’t go, we won’t be mad. But we will be disappointed."

15. There's a pretty good Chicago punk band called Horrible Things.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My reason to go to Riot was "to puke on the ferris wheel".,

17. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Someone on reddit pointed out that the cover of Dookie has two women (middle right) saying "What a clown". Dookie play confirmed!!!!!!! j/k

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I actually really think Dookie will happen

19. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

If two of the three headliners were blink playing Enema of the State and Green Day playing Dookie, they could not book a single other band that I like an I would still be pumped. I doubt that we get both of those though.

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I really hope you're right. Because it's definitely going to be a Blink-182 Enema set.

And if Green Day winds up playing Dookie, I may need to start figuring out how to break-up that wedding...

mattfreaksmeout and chewbacca110 like this.
  21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Enema and Dookie would be insane

22. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

I last saw Green Day in 1994. Would make an old man happy if they finally booked them!

23. Piercalicious

Regular

Could also be a Cokie the Clown set. Fat Mike has done a few this year on that new album, no Chicago yet.

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Fuck it. You all are stressing me out with this Dookie talk. I was deadset on not bringing them up this year as a legit possibility (and then that doubled when I realized I wasn't going) so...

Riot Fest 2019 will be headlined by the Talking Heads, Tears for Fears, and Blink-182. And subheadliners will be the Raconteurs, Limp Bizkit, Staind, and Disturbed.

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  25. natesmith083

Regular

I may be in the minority here but I’d much rather hear American Idiot in full for the 15 year anniversary of it. Might just be because it’s the album that introduced 12 year old me to Green Day.

Or both but that’d never happen...

mattfreaksmeout and pauljgreco like this.