Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 48

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Jesus Christ that flyer is an abomination hahaha

GreenDayForRiot likes this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What you all are calling a disaster is probably just a surprise Lawrence Arms set. (That was sarcasm. Holy hell at that flyer.)

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

We can rule out Goldfinger / Big D and the Kids Table / The Planet Smashers. They just announced a show on August 30 at House of Blues.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  4. GreenDayForRiot May 21, 2019
    (Last edited: May 21, 2019)
    GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Whoever is running their twitter now has started sniping people again. Feels like old times. Riot Fest (@RiotFest) | Twitter

edit:

Sleater-Kinney were just announced as one of the headliners for Hopscotch Festival Sep 5-7 in NC, for what it's worth

alkalinexandy likes this.
  5. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

pickitup pickitup pickitup

*applause gif*

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Reel Big Fish, Save Ferris, Less Than Jake, Mustard Plug, and Goldfinger confirmed.

7. campeondeluniverso

nah.

is Rise Against a possibility? they're not booked for anything i think and i JUST helped Tim load his gear in his car. was too afraid to ask.

8. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I heard through the grapevine that they're supposedly playing. Can't confirm that but I'd say there's a good chance they're on it.

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Random Q - do you work at The Music Garage? I have 100% seen Rise Against unload their gear there, sometime last year.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They would make a lot of sense. Man that set in the rain in 2014 was so awesome, even if it turned the fest into a hellscape the rest of the weekend

11. campeondeluniverso

nah.

i do not, but we make a lot of deliveries that way. wear at a truck company and warehouse and we sometimes get cool shit like band gear/merch. last year we had Underoath/RTJ and a couple other bands' gear.

weshankins34 likes this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

We've speculated them doing a 15 year anni for Siren Song

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

14. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I would be so down with a Siren Song set.

And speaking of 15 anniversaries, I may be the only person that really wants the Descendents to play Cool to Be You. I listened to that album so much when it came out but have only see them play about two songs off of it. I would love having that instead of the same set I’ve already seen them play at riot fest multiple times (although I’ll still see them either way).

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If they're on the bill, I'd say Rise Against has a high likelihood of pulling that album out.

Less so for the Descendents and Cool To Be You, though. That is a great record from front to back. That being said? I don't know that your average fan would be particularly excited for it, so I don't see it happening. I'd settle for them playing the title track or "Mass Nerder" at some point.

16. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I personally think Cool To Be You is a good album, but I always considered it to be Descendents’ least-liked album, so I doubt a full album play would ever happen

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Interesting read. Echoes a lot of what folks in this thread have been saying, too. It's interesting how Riot Fest has managed to evolve and grow while being able to stay (relatively) true to its roots over the years.

I remember seeing the "jump" to outdoors or whatever in 2011, and seeing that they were booking Weezer, Social Distortion, Helmet, and X and thinking "Interesting move..."

Prior to that, I always saw them as a lesser version of the Fest. But since then, there's been some interesting pivots along the way that opened the doors for different headliners, etc. without it feeling too far out of left field.

18. sam_might_say

I probably should’ve started petitioning this at the start of this thread, but

WEIRD AL
    FOR
    RIOT FEST

19. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Oh I realize that there is no chance they will be playing cool to be you, which is why I said I may be the only person that really wants it.

20. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Man, do I hate to burst this bubble but... He's playing Highland Park, IL in late July and Peoria, IL in late August. Probably rules him out.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea like I’m not mad but it was definitely just a normal arena show haha nothing festival like about it.

bradpetrik and weshankins34 like this.
  23. sam_might_say

NEXT YEAR

WEIRD AL FOR RIOT FEST 2020

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Riot should have a comedy stage. Hypothetically speaking, if they did, who would you want to perform? Which comics do you think would fit the Riot vibe?

25. sam_might_say

Kyle Kinane goes without saying