Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 47

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They would def headline Lolla they seem to be even more massive now than they ever were

I see literal children wearing MCR shirts

2. My friend teaches elementary school music and does an extra curricular rock music club. All the kids wanted to play was “Welcome To the Black Parade” and they weren’t born yet when that album came out.

3. Tifoil

ñ

I know people who aren't even from the US and are saving money for when they reunite, if they play their reunion show at Reading and Leeds or something in other contintet, they will be there (I include myself in those people)

4. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Was thinking that tinley park deal but he's not on it. Maybe he'll be at Riot?

5. Cmoney86

Trusted

I wonder if the delay in lineup has something to do with open air and they share a headliner and are waiting till after to announce the line up

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

1) There is no delay. They released the 2015 lineup on May 27, 2016 lineup on today's date date, the 2017 lineup in April (which was early and not the norm) and the 2018 lineup on May 31. So they are by no means late in releasing this years lineup.
    2) There is no way that Riot will share a headliner with Open Air. Two festivals in the same city in the same year rarely, if ever, share the same headliner. Also, considering neither of the headliners for Open Air were a big enough draw to move tickets (hence why the free tickets were given out), then they sure as heck wouldn't do much better headlining Riot Fest.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  7. Cmoney86

Trusted

The lineup outside of the years you said was always released this week cuz I got Facebook memories about like 4 different years Lineups on 4 different days so there is a normal time that they used release it.

And if it has nothing to do with open air then what sonic temple? Maybe the foo fighters are playing or disturbed? Cuz it’s should have been out by now So why are they waiting????

8. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Again, the past 4 years show that there is no "norm" for when the lineup comes out. It will be out when it comes out. They aren't waiting for festivals in other states to pass, that is ridiculous. Those festivals have no effect on Riot's lineup release.

9. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

It could also be that some bands with May shows in Chicago are playing and they want to wait until those shows are over to release the lineup (though they could also move those to second wave). Also, if The Cure is playing, it may be that they agreed to wait a couple of weeks after the Pasadena Daydream announcement before announcing they are playing Riot Fest as well.

(Not sure if this is even how these things work, just theorizing)

weshankins34 likes this.
  10. Cmoney86

Trusted

If there some cross over they could be I’m just posting random thoughts that pop in my head so....

11. Emokid79

Regular

I would love if The Cure were on the line-up. I really don't want to go to Cali or Texas to see them.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My new guess is Wednesday next week

13. GreenDayForRiot May 20, 2019
    (Last edited: May 20, 2019)
    GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Latest mock lineup from Reddit

[​IMG]

Not bad (many of these are likely) but I still feel like we're missing a big part of the headliner picture. Seems like Saturday's headliner should be at least as big as Blink-182 so The Raconteurs feel off here (to me anyway)

Also there's some pretty random stuff in there. PiL? Tears for Fears?

weshankins34 likes this.
  14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I like both that fantasy lineup and the fonts/colors haha.

GreenDayForRiot likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

This lineup would be okay...but nothing that would make me to “holt shit I need to be there” (except seeing American Football and BOCC again would be nice). The Raconteurs headlining would be disappointing. They just aren’t THAT popular, and there are plenty of musicians/bands out there playing the same or bigger sized rooms who would not be headliners if they played the festival.

16. That lineup has Ludo and Park so it’s automatically great.

17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I do not want The Raconteurs, but we're gonna get The Raconteurs. Honestly I'd prefer they headline so I can get home early to rest my weary old man bones.

theasteriskera and pauljgreco like this.
  18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

There is no way the Gaslight Anthem are playing another show anytime soon.

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

$10 that fake lineup ends up on Reddit within the next 72 hours as a CONFIRMED LEAK !!!

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yeah, Gaslight is not getting back together again so soon after the ‘59 Sound anniversary shows

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Two Door Cinema Club is out, they just announced a tour hitting Chicago 9/21.

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think you're right about the headliners. The Raconteurs are almost definitely on the bill, but I don't believe that they're big enough to headline. And I've been waffling as far as Slayer and their headliner status goes...

My current prediction/thought? At least one of the headliners is a band nobody has mentioned yet. Riot Fest has a habit of booking "surprise" headliners who are very inactive the year that they book them. Nine Inch Nails, System of a Down, No Doubt, the Cure, etc. Something that's not quite a reunion, but is definitely a rare get.

I could see Public Image LTD happening at some point. But the incessant Tears For Fears predictions make me roll my eyes almost as hard as the nu-metal headliner predictions every year.

23. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

T1 fest lineup. More bands to rule out

[​IMG]

weshankins34 likes this.
  24. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I was gonna ask who the hell designed that poster, but it's an event at the Forge so I guess some mysteries solve themselves.

25. whatisthat

Flatfoot 56 w/ the Wandering Birds haha