Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 46

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If I wasn't already doing a bunch of smaller festivals this year/weekend trips for shows, I'd definitely consider flying out to Chicago for that.

But I can't justify it given the overlap in some of the bands.

2. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Courtney Barnett is out, she's playing taste of Chicago

Been a rough few days for my fantasy lineup. Lost 4 bands I was really hoping would play (Melvins, Redd Kross, OFF!, and CB)

I'm sure the lineup will still be awesome and surprise me. My made up lineups never pan out anyway

3. ALT/MSC/FAN May 16, 2019
    (Last edited: May 16, 2019)
    ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

What day is Courtney playing TOC?

EDIT: Never mind, found it!

4. I work downtown on Wednesdays so I’m super excited to walk over to Taste and see Courtney Barnett for free after work.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Next week hopefully!

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

We should take bets, haha.

7. GreenDayForRiot May 16, 2019
    (Last edited: May 16, 2019)
    GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Would love it to come out next week but at this point, since they missed the obvious May 15 for 15th anniversary date, my guess is May 29.

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If it's not next week, I would bank on the first week of June. Announcements don't tend to happen the week after Memorial Day. Especially if Riot continues the teaser video trend they've had going on...

They need a day to tease the teaser. Which then teases the announcement. (I know how that sounds, but I'm not being facetious.)

9. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

This all makes sense but they did release it the weds after Memorial Day last year

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Y'know what? Good point. I stand fully corrected.

GreenDayForRiot likes this.
  11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I’m cool as long as it’s before June.

12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Would you all rather have Blink play Enema in full or Green Day play Dookie in full?

13. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

DOOKIE!

shawnesty23 likes this.
  14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Any other year? Green Day performing Dookie.

This year? Blink-182 performing Enema. But only because I won't be able to attend the festival this year. And I'm selfish.

GreenDayForRiot likes this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Dookie. I don’t want blink to play Enema for 2 reasons: I have no problem with Skiba instead of Tom, but album plays get kind of weird to me when you don’t have the original members? Idk why. But the bigger reason is I honestly love Blame It On My Youth and I’m going to want to hear the new songs and get the same setlist as the tour with Lil Wayne

alkalinexandy and JaytotheGee like this.
  16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

FWIW, at Back to the Beach they performed the full album as well as a handful of other tracks (Feeling This, Bored to Death, Built This Pool, Rock Show, Violence, and Dammit).

So you'd still probably get the new single (probably in place of Violence) if that were to happen.

17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I want a Rage Against The Machine reunión at Riot.

18. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Prophets Of Rage has been awfully quiet this year...

(I’d give it a few years)

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I’m sure there’d be a few others but if the rest of the new album is as good as the first single I’m gonna be bummed to not here more of those. Then again I mean I can’t pretend I wouldn’t absolutely love seeing some of the Enema tracks I haven’t seen (Don’t Leave Me and the Party Song, specifically). But there’s a handful I’m not even that familiar with honestly. But whatever happens it will be a good time so I’m not overly worried about it.

20. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Regarding Rage....If anything, we'll get Tom Morello but isn't he doing that other festival?

Also, I'll throw The Lemonheads onto the potential pile. Summer tour with no Chicago date so far.

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

If your talking about lolla no but he is playing piqnic and sonic temple

22. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't know Defeater was back but now that I do I'm a bit bummed they're out with a date just a couple weeks after Riot Fest.

I'm in agreement with everyone else - it's either next week or we're looking at June for the lineup.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If My Chemical Romance reunited and played Riot Fest they of course would headline. Would they headline Lollapalooza if they reunited though? I’m just curious if they are big enough to headline Lolla.

They’re definitely more a Riot band, this is just a hypothetical “what if they reunited and chose to play Lolla”.

Morgan likes this.
  24. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

TOM WAITS FOR RIOT FEST (I wish)

troyplaysbass likes this.
  25. AMusial625

Regular

If My Chem reunited I def think they could headline the Bud Light stage at Lolla. I know tons of people, including myself, who would travel anywhere in the US to see them again. Now, if they could get them to do The Black Parade front to back I could see them headlining The Grant Park Stage on Thursday or Friday.

ItsAndrew likes this.