Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'd imagine it puts it back into the realm of a "reasonable possibility" but... I kinda hope they don't. Especially after how badly that fucked the whole roll-out up last year.

I also feel like a massive tour like the one Peter Murphy is doing might soften the excitement for a Bauhaus reunion. But I'm not a Bauhaus fan, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. Haha.

2. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Let's not forget that it's entirely possible for this show/tour to also be cancelled. I'll believe it when he's actually in chicago performing.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Forever snarky.

5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Love how they're careful enough to say "about" so when people count back to today and reference it they can just be like "We said 'about' and that doesn't mean exactly! Learn what words mean!"

Planning about 307 days ahead? That's some deep trolling.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think you are missing the part where Riot Fest itself is 308 days away.

lordygordy and alkalinexandy like this.
  7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Well. This is even better, then.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  8. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Hmm...

9. Emokid79

Regular

That would be wonderful!!!!

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

natefoundglory and alkalinexandy like this.
  11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That'd be a great album play. I'm guessing he'd be positioned as a headliner to close out on one of the side stages?

I'm real curious to see how the re-branded RotR influences the Riot Fest line-up. If Sonic Temple is any indicator, they might snake a few bands that would have otherwise most likely gone to Riot Fest.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Open Air will be a heavier version of Sonic Temple. Lineup should be out pretty soon so we'll know for sure. Might be easier to project the bands who will likely NOT be at Open Air (Assumptions in parenthesis):

Foo Fighters (wrigley), Joan Jett (Riot Fest), The Cult (Riot Fest), The Struts (Lollapalooza), The Hives (The Vic), Refused (The Vic), The Distillers (Riot Fest), Action Bronson, Pussy Riot, Tom Morello (Riot Fest) and Mark Lanegan (Riot Fest)

weshankins34 likes this.
  13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Isn't Open Air and Sonic Temple put on by the same people, though? They might do a "blanket" deal for several festivals. I'm not sure how much of that works. Either way... Morello, the Distillers, and Joan Jett are all much better fits for Riot Fest. So I hope you're right!

14. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Yes. I thought I read though that Sonic Temple is supposed to lean more rock/hard rock and Open Air will continue to lean more hard rock/metal.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

All I read was that one press release where they announced the name changes. I just think, from a marketing perspective, that name "A Day in the Park" indicates it's going to be not quite as metal as it used to be. Hah. It could also just be a way to "trick" people into checking out the line-up who might be put off by the previous name (let's face it -- Wimmer probably focus grouped on this shit).

I'm real curious to see how all of these early line-up releases are going to impact Riot next year. The line-ups announced so far largely feel like they just got the run-off from last year's festivals.

16. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

It’d be cool if counting crows played a day

troyplaysbass likes this.
  17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Give me Third Eye Blind, dammit.

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Third eye, crows, goo goo album sets

marissalg likes this.
  19. marissalg

Trusted

They put up a form to get a holiday card from them again and said to watch their social media accounts this week. Holiday presale this week?

20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

21. BingoCrossFur

VIP passes are the same as the "discounted" values for those who bought pre-sale last year and were promised at lower rates if they bought before 11/1.

Well done, Riot Fest.

I'm going to start a Riot-Fest-2018-Early-Bird mob and storm Riot Fest headquarters demanding satisfaction for feeling slightly annoyed for a second.

weshankins34 and pauljgreco like this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Why are people so determined to be bitter with this incredibly reasonably priced festival which puts on an amazing weekend year and year again

23. BingoCrossFur

I was attempting to make a humor joke.

Your reaction tells me I should get out of this line of business.

24. BingoCrossFur

I actually ended up with a pretty sweet deal out of it last year.
    I bought at $159 for pre-sale last year. When prices went down, I paid the difference to upgrade to the discounted VIP rate, AND I get discounted rate again this year for VIP.

WOOO!

Looking forward to the 2nd straight year of shitting in air conditioning like a goddamn King!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

People like to bitch and moan about things I guess. I try to be zen with stuff like this. It's outta my control so why be upset? I know it's gonna be a good time so I'm just patient