Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 34

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I think the longest set I can remember for Riot was 90 minutes, that'd be a downer for the Foos

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Would Foo playing Sonic Temple affect the radius clause for them playing Riot?

3. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Shouldn't, I'm not sure if we know for certain what Riot Fest's clause is but the usual is 90/90 days/miles, and Columbus is much farther away than that

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  4. Mike Dust 81 Apr 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2019)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

276 mile radius

edit: it's actually 277

5. Tifoil

ñ

The cure played 2 hours 15 minutes (at least is what the schedule says, I wasn't there) but I think they can get an stretch for Foo Fighters or Green Day as both bands usually play for more than 2 hours

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

For sure, wasn't sure if it was actually determined by miles, or if it was more of a symbolic clause meaning "midwest" in general, I suppose.

7. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I'd be happy if Green Day just played an hour as long as they play Dookie

8. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

On my way to the La Dispute show at Thalia Hall, a gentleman sitting on a stoop noticed my RF shirt and yelled "Rioy Fest!" as I passed. I gave him the thumbs up and said to my wife, "This guy gets it!"

He followed it up with "DON'T START AGAIN!!!", so...I'm getting the sense that some of the locals still aren't fond of the festival.

weshankins34 and chewbacca110 like this.
  9. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I mean it's not exactly in the suburbs, why would they care.. I've been the last 3 years and no "locals" seemed to care

10. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

The guy seemed very impassioned, s'all I'm saying haha.

weshankins34 likes this.
  11. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

or maybe he was just drunk, because drunk people... spoiler alert, will fucking yell back at anything they hear.. I'm from Louisiana, so trust me

12. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I mean yeah, could be.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone on the Riot Fest subreddit made a fake lineup and had A Day To Remember as a headliner. I and someone else argued that they are not headliner worthy. Sub headliner, sure, but not headliner worthy. What do you all think?

When I think of a headliner, I think of a band that can play amphitheater’s, pavilions, huge arenas, etc. Not a band that plays smaller arenas (around 9,000).

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

ADTR def wouldn't be a headliner

15. Piercalicious

Regular

Yeah, they're high up on the bill but not a headliner.

16. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

I really want the Melvins to play this year.

Morgan likes this.
  17. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

im always blown away at how big A day to remember is. to me, they're no where close to being a headliner... but i mean, they're so sneaky big

weshankins34 likes this.
  18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah like they may not be a headliner but theyll probably outdraw them

19. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

It still kind of blows me away that a lot of bands from that era (2007-2011) kind of burnt out or lost steam, but ADTR continues getting bigger and bigger. It’s truly fascinating

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What bands from that era are you referring to, that would have been ADTR's peers? The only one coming to mind is Pierce the Veil. Not doubting you... Just legit have no idea who you could be referring to other than them!

I think a lot of it has to do with their capacity to branch out. They're a legitimately heavy band capable of writing soaring choruses and hefty breakdowns in equal measure. And I think that really works to their advantage in terms of playing to a broad audience and not turning people off at some of the festivals they've been playing the last few years.

21. GreenDayForRiot Apr 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 25, 2019)
    GreenDayForRiot

Regular

[​IMG]

My main takeaway from this is that Dinosaur Jr might be playing RF

Also, people on Reddit are speculating Black Moth Super Rainbow since their tour skips Chicago. (I'm not familiar with the band myself)

edit:

After listening to Black Moth I have no idea why people think they'd be at Riot, too synthy

22. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

That poster gives me a headache.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Got an email today which I think is the first one I've gotten in a while. It was a typical update email but at the top it said:

"Happy Thursday. This email is not about the Riot Fest lineup, but don't worry, that's coming soon. Probably. Same time as usual. Just be patient. In the meantime, Riot Fest Early Bird Presale Tickets are on sale now."

It's coming!

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

May 14 is my guess based off absolutely nothing

25. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Someone on reddit raised the good point that Mamby on the Beach (Aug 24-25) has yet to announce it's lineup, so that muddies the waters a bit for some speculated artists. In particular, the Flaming Lips. The Femmes are definitely not playing Mamby as they have conflicting dates.

weshankins34 likes this.