Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 33

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. mattfreaksmeout Apr 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2019)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

So far it's more or less confirmed then that we'll have:
    The Flaming Lips
    blink-182
    Descendents
    Streetlight Manifesto
    Taking Back Sunday
    The Raconteurs
    Dave Hause
    Frank Iero and the Future Violents
    Violent Femmes

Anyone else i'm missing?

weshankins34 likes this.
  2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Slayer? Primus? Bloc Party?

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Shaping up pretty nicely so far!

4. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

[​IMG]

Not sure if either JM or STD were on the radar really but this likely rules both out. Hitting up that Palatine date tho.

weshankins34 likes this.
  5. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Dave Hause (or the Loved Ones)
    Tour Dates - Dave Hause

troyplaysbass likes this.
  6. tonyvalentine

Regular

Same weekend as lolla. I’m assuming they couldn’t secure a venue and had to seek a different spot.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I still think the Cure is likely too

8. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Hey guys, been lurking in this thread but decided to join in. Riot Fest 2019 Chicago will be the first one I've attended since 2013 so I've been following it religiously. I'm mostly active on reddit but enjoy reading the speculation here as well (I am /u/litmusdragon over there). Anyhow

AVAIL
    Frank Iero and the Future Violents

Neither is 100% but both seem very likely IMO. Frank because he's touring extensively but not hitting Chicago, AVAIL because it just seems a likely booking for Riot Fest plus they are doing a series of what seem like warm up shows on the east coast the weekend before Riot

Also I think Senses Fail is a lock? Didn't someone here confirm them? Anyhow, even without confirmation here their Twitter strongly implies it

Just throwing this out there as I don't think it's been mentioned here yet. There was a leak for the last two Slayer shows a few weeks ago. Report: SLAYER Will Play Its Two Final Shows In California | Metal Addicts

If the leak is right, Slayer's last show will be at the Forum, just like Les Claypool leaked earlier. However, Primus isn't playing. Does this mean Primus isn't touring? Who knows. It does muddy the waters a bit though. You also have to wonder if the lineup for the Dec 31 show represents what the entire last leg of the tour will be like. Maybe they want to hit Chicago with that lineup instead of playing Riot Fest? Anyway, I'm getting very speculative here. I could still see Slayer playing Riot Fest but we don't really have an indication yet IMO

9. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Oh yeah, and I totally forgot the Violent Femmes. They are touring extensively this year but missing Chicago, plus they have Riot Fest weekend open. I'm hoping for a 35th anniversary of Hallowed Ground set

10. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

pauljgreco and GreenDayForRiot like this.
  11. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Every year I'm like THIS IS THE YEAR. Maybe I've gotten cynical in my old age though, I would be really surprised if it happened this year, seeing as they are recording a new album and have 0 live dates announced

12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been hoping for them since my first Riot in 2015. MAYBE THIS IS THE YEAR.

13. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I just want to hear Dookie and stuff during their Lookout days

14. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Dookie set would be the holy grail

weshankins34 and Mike Dust 81 like this.
  15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I added a few, but I'm trying to get an idea of who is almost guaranteed. All these artists have dates that lineup with the fest (or play other fests in September). Frank Iero is touring so much that I can't see why else he'd skip Chicago. Some others seem likely to me (Avail, Simple Creatures), but there's not as much fact based evidence.

16. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Blink-182 * The Raconteurs * Slayer (final Chi show)
    Bikini Kill * Primus * Deftones * Rancid
    B-52's * Rise Against * MC50 * Metric * The Roots * L7
    Courtney Barnett * Violent Femmes * Bloc Party
    Taking Back Sunday * Andrew WK * A$AP Rocky
    Steve Earle & The Dukes * OMD * The Struts
    St Paul & The Broken Bones * Reverend Horton Heat
    GWAR * Vic Mensa * Tom Morello * Streetlight Manifesto
    Descendents * Lamb Of God * Of Mice & Men * Converge
    A Day To Remember * The Get Up Kids * Naked Raygun
    Guided By Voices * alexisonfire * The Dandy Warhols
    Against Me! * TSOL *Deafheaven * All Time Low
    Hot Snakes * Transplants * Fu Manchu * Frank Iero
    Reggie & The Full Effect * Bad Books * Teenage Wrist
    The Story So Far * Senses Fail * Mark Lanegan Band

Placement is terrible, I know, but there goes nothing.

17. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

Deafheaven is out, they are in Hungary day after Riot Fest. Also Rev has a show in Lombard on 08/18 which probably rules him out

18. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I feel like Glassjaw’s gonna be on. They played 2013 and 2016, so I think it could be a “once every three years” thing

19. Tifoil

ñ

I think Slayer is possible as a final Chicago show, but not as a headliner, specially after the announcement of Exit 111 festival

20. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

to quote Prince: let's go crazy....

Friday: Blink 182/Rise Against/Rancid - Saturday: Raconteurs/Flaming Lips/Bikini Kill - Sabbath: Green Day/Slayer

21. GreenDayForRiot

Regular

What do you guys think of Foo Fighters as a possible headliner? Too big? They are playing two festivals in the midwest the weekend after Riot so will be in the area

22. Before those festival announcements I would have said no way, but now I’m thinking the chance is above zero, especially if Dave basically gets to program the rest of their stage with his favorite Chicago punk bands.

23. Cmoney86

Trusted

As much as I would love to see them play riot they are too big and would want way to much money. Their crowd would be massive tho

weshankins34 likes this.
  24. I should add that by pure numbers, I think they are too big for Riot, but if they wanted to play and were willing to meet Riot’s budget then there’s no way the fest would say no.

This is also a fair bit of wishful thinking on my part because I’ve wanted to see them for years.

25. Cmoney86

Trusted

Saw them at both wrigley shows last year it was insane I was front row for night 2. Then in 2017 saw them at metro for a lolla after show. Prolly the best show I’ve ever been too they played from 11pm till 230 am