Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 32

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If we're going off bands that usually play every 2 years we should see The Lawrence Arms, Bayside and Fidlar again too

pauljgreco and alkalinexandy like this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I'd like to see Against Me! or Laura Jane Grace and the Devouring Mothers.

3. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Bayside is very doubtful because of Anthony playing Tinley Park two weeks before

One or the other (probably Against Me!) is extremely likely

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Bayside tend to play when they're relatively active anyway, though... And 2019 feels like a bit of an "off" year for them (as indicated by Anthony playing 350 Fest, which doesn't rule Bayside out but still).

I think the Lawrence Arms and FIDLAR are both pretty likely, though! I'm also thinking the "big" punk acts who are likely to pop up on the bill are NOFX, the Descendents, and Rancid.

Mike Dust 81 likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Against Me is definitely due for another Riot, same with ETID.

My favorite run of sets at Riot is probably in 2015 when Bayside, ETID and AM played back to back on alternating stages

Ahhh true, but maybe still a shot since its just a solo gig!

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. Tifoil

ñ

By now the bands confirmed based on their tours are Streetlight Manifesto and Descendents? Or are there more?

7. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

as far as gaps in their schedule for Riot..

Get Up Kids (nix that, no September dates yet), Raconteurs, Taking Back Sunday

Tifoil likes this.
  8. KindaFatMike

Trusted

same but different, my favorite run was ETID ->AM ->Atreyu-> Thrice all in a row on side by side stages

9. Tifoil

ñ

I just remembered Bloc Party too

10. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Blink 182 (John Feldman, Travis Barker, Matt Skiba)

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Avail just added a festival date in Tennessee on August 30th (Muddy Roots Festival). Given the timing of this date, as well as their now-sold out east coast run... I think that increases the chances they wind up on the bill exponentially.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be shocked if they didn't play Riot and Fest

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This all makes me wonder how much of this was planned out ahead of those Richmond shows. Like, did they have shit booked and were just being coy about it?

Or did they have that one show planned and the other stuff followed very quickly thereafter?

I'm thinking Riot Fest, Fest, and Stoked for the Summer are all very much going to have Avail on them at this point! (And I'm also anticipating the Bouncing Souls wind up getting added to Fest too.)

14. Mike Dust 81 Apr 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2019)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I hope this lineup comes out soon, some of these predictions on Reddit are borderline insane.. (and this is coming from the guy who predicted Dwight Yoakam)

15. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I’m not doubting you with the “borderline insane” predictions but... Examples?

16. Mike Dust 81 Apr 22, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2019)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

whoever Lizzo is as a second stage headliner

Honestly I'm just gonna ignore that thread until the lineup comes out, it's almost worse than reading all the theories to how Game of Thrones or Avengers will end... I'll just wait to find out myself

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Touché and Deafheaven will be in Europe this weekend so they’re both out.

weshankins34 likes this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Also Slayer is playing a festival in Tennessee on October 11, so if Slayer plays Riot, it'd be more likely to be their final Chicago performance instead of their final performance ever.

weshankins34 likes this.
  19. KindaFatMike

Trusted

[​IMG]

weshankins34 likes this.
  20. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I think Les Claypool leaked their final show will be at the end of the year at the Forum

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  21. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

weshankins34 likes this.
  22. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

23. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Should be playing the West Coast at some point in their next leg since they are touring a new album

24. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I hope so! I’m still kicking myself for missing that Lips/Mac Demarco tour

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

At Kentucky Bourbon the next week too. I'd be pretty stunned if they didn't play, but my question is still: will it be Soft Bulletin. It'd be cool to get the only Soft Bulletin performance in the U.S.