Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Not completely that category, but I could see Portugal. The Man playing next year

alkalinexandy likes this.
  2. campeondeluniverso

nah.

they've never been asked to play, according to the guy that handles their gear.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

ABBA, Slayer, Darkthrone, Dismember, and Immortal Technique are my wish list for next year.

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Over the last few years, they've had a few bands in that same category. PTM would fit well in that slot, particularly given that they would draw in some younger folks as well.

5. Tifoil

ñ

I'll rather Anatomy of a Ghost reunion

Emokid79, swboyd and alkalinexandy like this.
  6. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

PTM I'm betting are way too expensive seeing as they'd be a sub-headliner. Honestly? Festivals the size of Riot are likely booking them now as a headliner. Not saying I agree, but it is what it is. I'm guessing next year is something more like: Blink-182 (obviously), a band the size of Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, The National, A Perfect Circle and then an older act like Bauhaus. If not them, maybe they pay up enough for an Arcade Fire, Fall Out Boy, Florence, Jack White, etc.

Foos are too expensive for sure.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I actually wouldn't see Riot Fest booking PTM as a headliner, though, so they'd probably be out... Unless it was to close the Rebel/Rise stage one of the nights in that Paramore/A Day to Remember/Incubus slot. They would fit perfectly there. But I think you're onto something with the cost.

Blink-182 is a lock, and I'm guessing that they'll do Enema of the State in full next year. Which would be a draw in and of itself.

I'm guessing we have a relatively rare "alternative rock" act at least one of the other nights, with a reunion of sorts the final night. But hopefully they give up on Bauhaus until they have that visa shit sorted, and try to bring in somebody more reasonable. Haha.

What's fun about this... You really have no idea who will "pop up" as being active between now and like, March, when the speculation really starts to get going.

8. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Yo bring back the Aquabats

paperlung, Morgan and JaytotheGee like this.
  9. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Next year should have a different bats band, namely, Cancer Bats

Morgan, swboyd, alkalinexandy and 2 others like this.
  10. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Or...hear me out...

...both.

Morgan, Eclipse, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  11. lordygordy

I’ll never be able to go to Riot as long as I do the job I do but it’s the one place I’d like to visit the most.

Modest Mouse playing 15 years of Good News... would be so wonderful.

weshankins34 and pauljgreco like this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The Aquabats should definitely be a staple alongside Andrew WK and Gwar

13. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

For real. They were so much fun, idk how I went all these years not seeing them until now.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Hope I can catch Andrew WK again next year! I've only ever made it once. Like TBS, I will always pick someone else I'm interested in over them because I can count on them to be back again next year anyway. I preferred when Andrew WK and GWAR got the earlier in the day slots when not as much is going on.

weshankins34 likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I also saw them two days before and I still didn't get enough Aquabats haha

16. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Since saturday was a way less stacked day for me this year, I finally stuck around and watched full sets from both GWAR and Andrew WK and I enjoyed them way more than I expected, especially WK. I might try and make him a priority next year.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My exact situation and thoughts

WK was such a blast. Gwar was fun but I definitely don't need to watch them every year

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Really hoping that WK isn't used as counterprogramming against a headliner next year again. They've done that the past two years (Jawbreaker and Beck) and I've had to skip his set both times because the headlining set is more rare.

I liked getting to see GWAR again this year, but don't know if I'd go out of my way next year, seeing how the set was pretty similar to the last two times.

19. Tifoil

ñ

With rumors of Tom getting back to blink-182, I hope we can have an Enema of the State show for next year

20. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

"Tom and Travis have always gotten along from my understanding. It's Mark and Tom who have issues, so I don't think we should read too much into their twitter interaction."

-I swear I had this typed out I just never hit post.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don’t really have anywhere else to post this so here we are I saw Ludo this weekend for their Halloween shows and it was so much fun! Finally saw so many songs I love after 10 years. I’d really love to see them come up and play Riot Fest one of these years. It’d be a great kind of “rare” booking with a Midwest band. It’d be a really awesome afternoon set.

23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

EASheartsVinyl and swboyd like this.
  24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh my god it’s coming to Cat’s Cradle??