Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 29

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I just remembered people were also speculating Bloc Party since their first US shows on the East coast are around the same time frame as Riot.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  2. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

for reference: the Adicts and Ben Folds are out.. Car Seat Headrest is playing a free show in July and may be touring the west coast with Death Cab the same weekend as Riot.

3. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

Apropos of nothing - Just saw a Trib article about how Lolla hasn't sold out of 4 day passes yet and they've been on sale for a month. That's a little odd - I remember them selling out before the lineup was even announced a year or two ago.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Last year it took a little longer, but they eventually sold out after a couple weeks (although I suspect it's possible Lolla just said that and dumped some into the secondary market). I think it's a product of how Coachella, Bonnaroo, and Lolla all basically look the same now, and there's a ton of other smaller ones that aren't too far off (your Fireflies and Hangouts and what not), so less people are traveling in for Lolla. Then on top of that, the pricing has been adjusted to a point where scalpers can't make a profit on the tickets, so they aren't bothering as much.

I don't really care though, I just want the daily lineups.

5. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

6. steven2480

Converge.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

8. Please please please.

9. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I definitely don’t think an Axe To Fall 10 anniversary set would be out if the question. Right?

10. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Axe to Fall album play would be pretty much enough to make me go to this

11. Converge is one band I actually wouldn’t want an album play from since I’ve never seen them and their two most recent albums are my favorites.

steven2480 likes this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Streetlight Manifesto announced tour dates. Chicago is 9/15 so I’m assuming that means they’re on!

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

More importantly, that makes it seem like the lineup may be coming pretty soon if they’re sharing that

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What's the over/under on them re-releasing those tour dates without the Chicago date listed within the next few hours?

Not sure this means the line-up is coming soon... This feels more like a fuck-up. I remember Fishbone inadvertently doing this two years ago and the Killing Joke doing something similar last year.

weshankins34 likes this.
  15. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Fingers crossed they're not alternative programming for a headliner again. That year it was Queens of the Stone Age vs. Wu-Tang Clan vs. Taking Back Sunday vs. Streetlight Manifesto and I was super bummed.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  16. Mike Dust 81 Apr 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2019)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

chewbacca110 likes this.
  17. Avail seems to be in the pretty likely category too now, with east coast dates the weekend before Riot. Iron and Wine will also be in the Midwest in September with no Chicago date. Not sure how good of a fit they would be, but I’d love to see them.

alkalinexandy and Mike Dust 81 like this.
  18. ItsAndrew Apr 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 16, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Conor Oberst is out, playing Thalia Hall on 7/24.

weshankins34 likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I'd say Avail is basically a lock

alkalinexandy likes this.
  20. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Queens and Wu-Tang were no photography so I shot Streetlight instead. They were seriously a fun live act & still some of my favorite photos I've ever taken.

weshankins34 and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  21. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Unless we're getting BOCC, which would be an odd fit for Riot Fest.

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Streetlight's a lock, and they're playing Sunday. They cut the September 15th Chicago date from the list.

weshankins34 and troyplaysbass like this.
  23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Why would it be an odd fit? I can totally see them playing.

24. Cmoney86

Trusted

Dropkick clutch and Hatebreed are out playing Aragon September 30th

weshankins34 likes this.
  25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Energy-level wise, BOCC would be a pretty odd fit.