Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 18

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It would be awesome if they did it at Back To The Beach, Warped and Riot Fest.

West coast, east coast and midwest

theasteriskera likes this.
  2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Look, we're all missing the big news from the Lolla lineup drop...

BAUHAUS IS STILL POSSIBLE.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I think it's definitely plausible that they do it at Riot Fest. Back to the Beach is a smaller festival, and will be over with by the time Riot Fest gets announced.

It would also make a ton of sense for them to do it at the Warped dates as well. 1999 was the last year they did Warped Tour (excepting the one date they did in 2001), so that would make a ton of sense.

How fucking dare you.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If they had Rob Zombie, they can have him. But yea idk either way. I don't need him there or anything, but it'd be cool if he was. I'm neutral.

5. ComplexDivide7

I was hoping for BMTH for Riot instead.. but ok

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

J Brekkie also out

7. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Looking on the bright side: Twenty One Pilots, Tame Impala and The Chainsmokers are all OUT for Riot Fest.

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I don't think we're in any danger of the Chainsmokers or Tame Impala ever playing Riot Fest.

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

[​IMG]
    Still holding out hope.

11. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

#sarcasm ;-p

alkalinexandy likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Danger of Tame Impala??? What? They're not really a Riot band but I definitely wouldn't be mad if they played.

weshankins34 and ItsAndrew like this.
  13. Yeah, Young the Giant last year was a bigger surprise to me than Tame Impala would have been. I actually had fun watching YTG though, which is more than I can say for Tame Impala.

14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

They are one of the most boring bands I've ever seen live. And I really don't think anything about them (the band's sound, history, aesthetic) feels like a Riot fit.

It felt a bit out of left field for me, but no more than Bleachers, Matt & Kim, or Fitz & The Tantrums (from a few years back). I just assume every year there's going to be 2-3 bands on the more "mainstream" tip that they throw in there to directly target 18-25 year olds somewhere in the upper 3/4 of the poster.

I definitely agree with you, though... The handful of songs I caught last year were pretty fun.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I agree they're not the best fit, I just didn't know people didn't like them live, but I mean I guess I get it. I've seen them a few times and it's been kind of a mixed bag for me whether I've enjoyed it. Pitchfork wasn't great, but I was also kinda far back and their sound sucks so I thought that was why, but maybe not

weshankins34 likes this.
  16. ItsAndrew Mar 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 20, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I was at their Pitchfork set and everyone around me just kept chanting (edited for typo) for the sound to be turned up. It was pretty bad where I was standing towards the back.

weshankins34 likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea it was genuinely hard to enjoy the set because of that.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm heartbroken because I found out that I won't be able to get my free tickets this year because my dad works for Miller, but now Bud is taking over. Very sad about it

But for all of you: we can expect the beer options to be very different this year (and maybe other alcohol? Idk how that works)

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  19. chewbacca110

As long as All Rise is there, I'm solid.

20. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Last year was Dos Equis, Tecate and All Rise, correct?

Chickenmcbringinits likes this.
  21. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Three Orange Wits all dayyyy

22. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

My girlfriend does graphic design and photography for the company who handles their sponsorships. Dos Equis and Tecate are the same company, All Rise is there, and Deep Eddy vodka is another one.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

*Yea I don't think this will affect All Rise since that's just a vendor situation.

weshankins34 likes this.
  24. Piercalicious

Regular

God I hope Bud doesn't take over the other alcohol choices too, they'd probably just replace it all with Lime-a-Rita variants

25. chewbacca110

That would make for colorful (and unfortunately more) vomit spots though!