Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 17

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think I've waited for a Lollapalooza lineup as much as this year just so I learn who to expect for Riot Fest, particularly around Death Cab and The Strokes.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

If it's accurate that Tame Impala is a headliner, that pretty much rules the Strokes out for Lolla. I could see them as a "sub-headliner" to somebody like Foo Fighters or a pop act, but... Definitely not under a band like Tame Impala. I'd bank on them for Riot Fest given the info that we have at-hand.

I think we could have a shot at Death Cab for a subheadliner (particularly if the Cure wind up playing--they would be a perfect support for them).

3. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

From what I did see from someone leaking the Lolla line-up, neither were on it. So I'm confident they will both be at Riot Fest but just have to see what plays out before deciding to not even bother with Lolla.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Adds up to me.

What leak are you referring to? I saw something with Foo Fighters, Childish Gambino, Ariana Grande, and Tame Impala. Another seemingly repetitive/copycat year for festivals hah.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Gonna pop in to defend Lolla here because Foo Fighters only other festivals are rock festivals. Childish Gambino is unoriginal I'll give you that, but Ariana Grande was at one point a unique (and very smart) booking by Lolla. She's only playing Coachella because Kanye dropped out. And I also believe Tame only got bumped up to Coachella headliner because Justin Timberlake dropped out or something? So idk if they were always going to be headlining Lolla or if they got switched with someone when Coachella did it, but I'd argue they were actually ahead of the curve this year.

Edit: In other words I'm just excited because I really like that top 4 and a lot of the other names I've heard so far.

ItsAndrew and alkalinexandy like this.
  6. Tifoil

ñ

I was hoping for Idles to be at Riot, specially since alst year they play Lincoln Hall the friday of Riot, but it seems they will play Lolla :(

7. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

The account was shut down but it was FestivalLeaks. They had everything right up to their deletion. I don't recall seeing Foo Fighters on it, though, but they didn't share the whole poster.

8. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Honestly don't think the Lolla lineup will tell us much about Riot Fest.

9. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I've never been a big Lolla guy but last year they gave me an amazing Basement aftershow so i'm hoping to get something similar this year.

10. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Foo Fighters / Ariana Grande / Childish Gambino / Tame Impala
    Swedish House Mafia / Cardi B / Bon Iver / Weezer
    Young The Giant / Tenacious D / Kid Kudi / Hozier / Other Stuff....

Basically The Strokes and Death Cab will be there if Riot wants them.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Source re: lineup?

12. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

None. Just a guess. How about this for Riot Fest?

Blink-182 * The Strokes * The Raconteurs

If the Lolla is accurate that means the above aren't playing. Nothing on the Ravinia front AND no tinley announcement. This would be incredible FWIW.

weshankins34 likes this.
  13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

The Strokes are at Lolla. Same for DCFC.

weshankins34 likes this.
  14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Bring Me The Horizon, Tenacious D, Fitz & the Tantrums, Judah & the Lion, Chevelle, Bad Suns, and Beach Bunny are all out as well due to Lolla.

Pretty sure that's it for any potential overlap.

weshankins34, Morgan and Ben Buchnat like this.
  15. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

You meant to say the Cure right?

16. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Lil Wayne could have been the weekend hip-hop headliner now that RTJ has broken that seal. But yeah, that’s about it. Even so, The Strokes are one of the last contemporary acts they should get for a first-timer and they couldn’t. I’m bummed about that.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Y'know, I've never thought about it before... But at this point his career? He might actually have been a viable headliner for the festival. A weird fit, but a fit for sure.

It would have been cool to see them land the Strokes, but I'm honestly not surprised to see them go to Lolla instead. Whether it aligns with their sound or not, the Strokes are definitely more in that "pop" world (I mean in terms of them just seeming like they want to make $$$ rather than play a cool show).

weshankins34 likes this.
  18. Morgan

Morgan

Just give me Marilyn Manson and My Chemical romance so I can die happy.

Cgarnsay and chewbacca110 like this.
  19. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I saw him at Chance's Coloring Book Day before his most recent album. Without a doubt the answer is yes, he still is a viable headliner for a smaller festival.

20. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Gonna assume Manson is probably out because he's playing Rockford in July with Rob Zombie.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

BMTH would have been cool but not really mad about anyone else

22. Tifoil

ñ

Rocksound says Bmink will play Enema Of The State in full at Back to the Beach Festival. Do you think there is any chance they will do it at Riot too?

alkalinexandy likes this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't think Rockford will have too much weight on anything to be honest, especially with a 3 month gap between the dates.

24. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

eh. i'd still find it surprising to have manson playing riot fest, but if he ends up on the lineup, then good on and for whomever.

25. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

gonna go hide under a rock now haha