Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 16

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Pitchfork lineup leaked.

weshankins34 likes this.
  2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don’t know how I feel about it tbh

I’ll most likely go Saturday and/or Sunday but I think Friday is a pass for me, which is the opposite of previous years. Charli XCX into Robyn sounds like a great time even though I only know a couple Robyn songs.

Kurt Vile, Pusha T, Parquet Courts, and Jay Som makes a solid undercard Saturday, but I’m not overly excited about the top bills that day.

weshankins34 likes this.
  3. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Depending on single day ticket prices, I think I’m gonna grab a Sunday one day. Snail Mail, Charli, and Robyn is worth it.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Will bawl my damn eyes out if Ben Folds plays.

weshankins34 and troyplaysbass like this.
  5. I don't want to get my hopes too high until the Ravinia lineup is announced, but I'd love to see him at Riot, especially if he's doing a Ben Folds Five set.

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

Ben played last year, which REALLY has my hopes up.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

Hot Water Music, The Menzingers and Subhumans are playing a free show in St. Augustine, FL the same weekend. They're probably all out, I would imagine.

Propaghandi is playing the same festival on the 13th, so that might be likely for them to come up and play the 15th.

Morgan likes this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Def thought we'd get an album play from HWM that's a bummer

9. Mike Dust 81 Mar 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2019)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Menzingers are playing Tinley Park in August, so they were almost definitely out anyway..

Incubus, Blondie, & SWMRS played Los Angeles right before their Riot show, planes...

What a great free show though.

10. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I want counting crows and I really think it’s possible.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

Bourbon & Beyond in Louisville announced their lineup, which is the weekend after. Some names playing include Foo Fighters, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, The Flaming Lips, and White Reaper.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The Flaming Lips are doing a Soft Bulletin anniversary tour in Europe right? It’d be really cool if they did that at Riot Fest

13. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Built to Spill is out. Booked for that weekend and playing Chicago in July.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think/hope Simple Creatures is definitely a lock

pauljgreco and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  15. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I could see Lolla as a possibility for them as well, but Riot Fest might make sense because Mark will already be there.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  16. alkalinexandy Mar 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 13, 2019)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Travis recently said that Blink-182 will probably be done with a new album "before Back to the Beach." Back to the Beach is in April. Bunbury is the last weekend in May. Fucking hell, that camp can't get their shit together...

But that should increase confidence that they'll actually show up for Riot Fest this year.

Sonically, I think Simple Creatures is a better "fit" for Lolla, but... Demographically, I would expect Riot to be a better fit in terms of who is actually going to care about the band unless they happen to get a single/song that really catches on with the Internet or radio.

bradpetrik likes this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My dream is this:
    1. blink-182 headlining Riot so Mark is there
    2. Mark is there anyway, so why not have Alex come and do a Simple Creatures set
    3. Alex is there anyway, so why not have All Time Low come and do a Nothing Personal 10-year set since Midwest never got anything for SWIR
    4. Matt dies of joy

18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is pretty realistic though!

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I agree it could definitely happen. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic of the chance of the ATL thing, but since we never got anything for SWIR and they're having a quiet year anyway, I think it increases our chances.

20. marissalg

Trusted

This would be ideal and I would also die of joy.

21. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

It’s probably just something deeper with Bunbury tbh

22. ComplexDivide7

I was also thinking Lolla.. but also, I would love to see ATL at RF again. Idk how long they're staying on hiatus, though. Blink and ATL at RF, minus Simple Creatures (playing) doesn't seem that off, though, right?

Daniel182 likes this.
  23. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

So once The Strokes are nowhere to be found on the Lolla lineup, we can pencil them in for this, right?

chewbacca110 likes this.
  24. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yes

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Morrissey is out, playing Ravinia the Saturday of Riot.

Or, since he is in the area, Smiths reunion confirmed.