Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Looks like the Cure will be doing Disintegration in full in Australia. I could see this being a huge get for Riot Fest.

And they still don't have any US dates...

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I hope if/when they hit the US, they cone to the west coast. I wanna see them super badly

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

It was. I was at the aftershow. It was the best show I’ve ever seen. Hope they come back this year

4. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Hard to tell what they Cure are gonna do as far as the US is concerned. I recall them saying they were doing mostly festival dates in 2019, but I wouldn't roll out an appearance on the west coast and in the midwest.

5. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Cure playing Disintegration definitely a strong possibility for Riot.. or atleast it makes a ton of sense.

when is Lollapalooza supposed to be announced?

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

Lolla is the same time every year march

7. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Thanks

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  8. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Would Stereolab play this thing? To me it looks likely based on their new tour dates. Tour skips Chicago and it begins 9/15 in Texas. It'd make routing sense to play Chicago 9/13, 9/14 a travel day and play 9/15 in Texas. Pitchfork is open too but wouldn't it be weird for a UK artist to play here in mid-July, leave for 45 days (playing a fest in August in the UK for one) and then returning in September thru October?

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

From what little I know about Stereolab, I'd say they're a possibility. They tick a few boxes: "Underground" credibility, they had success in the 90s, seems to be a relatively rare appearance.

Sonically, I don't think they're the norm but it's not too offbase. And looking at that tour routing... It's a full US tour that totally skips Chicago.

I'd call them a strong possibility based on that.

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

D.R.I. date popped up on Sept 13 for Cleveland

I'd say thats a Riot lock

11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Wonder if this means the "street punk" day on that side stage will be replaced with a "hardcore" day this year. I can't see them doing any of the main stages unless they're one of the first two bands.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Could see H2O on a stage with them as well

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Thrash Zone also turns 30 this year.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Sick Of It All too. With that being the G.W.A.R./Andrew W.K. day.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really bummed that all of these are ruled out for Riot Fest but I may need to go to this

Attached Files:

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  16. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Woah that’s three days now. Seeing the Menz and Bayside there a few years ago was great but they ran out of beer at a beer fest

JaytotheGee likes this.
  17. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That takes out a decent chunk of bands

Morgan likes this.
  18. Morgan

Morgan

Yeah, was really hoping for Menzingers.
    Does this technically rule out Bayside too?

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Goldfinger and Zebragead aren’t on that I guess Menz just posted a new flyer lol

I don’t think so but maybe

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That is a strong line-up for 350 Fest. God, I wish Boston had something similar to that... Or anything even remotely similar to 350 Fest or Riot Fest that wouldn't have to somehow involve the Dropkick Murphys.

SaveTheEarth and JaytotheGee like this.
  21. CTFFEMT93

Regular

According to Roger O’Donnell they are gonna hit the US in autumn

weshankins34 likes this.
  22. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

lol that's funny.

Reaches for the festival but Korn and Alice in Chains are out with their Tinley Park date in August. Also takes out Underoath and Fever 333.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  23. tonyvalentine

Regular

There’s another round of bands and I’m pretty sure they posted the wrong flyer. From what I hear there’s a decent amount still to be announced.

24. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

No

25. Tifoil

ñ

Bring Me The Horizon announced a may tour with some midwest dates but there's no Chicago. Maybe they will play Riot, or maybe Lollapalooza (as they will play Lollapalooza in South America)