Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 11

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I wish they would have done SWIR at Riot but I will accept this

2. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

In a weird way I agree with you. Like deep down I truly don't want them to book a bunch of acts *I* would love. Sure, I would love to see all my favorite bands play but I guess I want them to book what will get more people in the door. Like, I would be thrilled if the headliners were Slayer's last show, an MCR reunion and an Op Ivy reunion. I dont care about all three of those acts but I know that will mean the fest will sell out. After the semi-debacle of last year, I just want them to do well so they can keep doing shows throughout the year and keep RF in Chicago proper.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well ok that would have me pretty excited lol I'd love to see MCR or Op Ivy but yea I get what you mean, and also I just like the opportunity to see things I wouldn't otherwise see at a festival, so like I'd still go watch Slayers set and it could be cool

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Nothing Personal would be a nice consolation prize for not getting SWIR. The only songs from SWIR i've never seen that bother me are This Is How We Do and Let It Roll.

Finally getting to see Walls and Too Much would be incredible, and it's been so long since I've seen Keep the Change and A Party song. I'd be stoked.

Morgan likes this.
  5. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah when are we finally forging that OpIv reunion we deserve? I thought for SURE we’d get it last year. Maybe this will be the year. It HAS been 30 years since they broke up, after all...

6. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

I like to dream the impossible dream...

Green Day Dookie Set/Slayer for Sunday

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm right there with you. I couldn't give a fuck about Slayer. But an appearance by them seems likely. And I do think there's a chance they get booked as a #1 subheadliner, closing out the "second stage" on Sunday... Depending on the size of the other headliners they book.

I've never understood people who want festival line-ups to be stacked from top to bottom with acts they want to see. I like looking at a line-up and seeing like, 25% acts I need to see, 25% acts I want to see, 25% acts I will watch if nothing better is going on, and 25% acts I could give a fuck less about.

I'm tried of getting my hopes up, but here we go again... Green Day have said a few times now that they're looking for "special" ways to commemorate the 25th anniversary. I really don't think they would do a full-blown Dookie-only tour, but I could see them doing it at a festival or two.

Now that we're thinking Green Day again. What would be more special than an Operation Ivy reunion set followed Green Day performing Dookie?

If I'm going to start daydreaming, you all are coming down with me.

8. marissalg

Trusted

All I want in life is to hear Walls live.

natesmith083 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  9. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Could definitely envision Tim & Matt playing Knowledge with Green Day and Sound System with the Interrupters... I think sadly that's as close to an Op Ivy reunion as we will ever get.

10. natesmith083

Regular

I love SWIR but Nothing Personal is the album that got me into All Time Low and is the album I want to hear most in full from them.

marissalg likes this.
  11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

alkalinexandy and weshankins34 like this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Kind of a random thought here cus I was listening to her new songs this morning, but I wonder what the chances would be of Avril Lavigne playing. I feel like she kind of fits in with Liz Phair, even if Liz has a little more critical acclaim. I can't pretend I wouldn't love moshing along to Sk8r Boi at Riot

13. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I read this and thought: "Well. This rules them out for this year."

They're basically saying someday it might happen (which isn't new, really) but they're also saying they don't have the time to dedicate to it.

That headline is super click-baity.

I'm putting the chances of Avril Lavigne playing at a solid zero. Especially considering that she's positioning herself as a Christian artist now.

I think it might have been you who was saying there's something you can't quite put your finger on that makes an act a Riot Fest act or not? And I don't think Avril has that "thing."

weshankins34 likes this.
  14. Mike Dust 81 Feb 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 14, 2019)
    Mike Dust 81

Trusted

Only if it's mostly her new Christian songs and it's on at the same time as Slayer or Nofx if they play.

Liz Phair did one pop album that got crapped on after 3 really good alternative darling albums.. don't think Avril has done stuff remotely like Fuck and Run

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I did not know she was reframing as a Christian artist, but also I’m realizing this was probably off to begin with.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  16. Mike Dust 81

Trusted

You were thinking outside the box, you atleast get points for that

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. sam_might_say

A22C1BFD-C2AC-442B-9FF3-604FD01A80BC.gif

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Jenny Lewis Cleveland show popped up for 9/17. Maybe playing Riot then heading to Cleveland on their way out?

troyplaysbass likes this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm seeing her next month (I think?) for the first time and I can't wait. I'd be so so down for her to come back for Riot though and seems like a perfect fit for the fest

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  20. sam_might_say

Alexisonfire mini tour was announced and it’s not hitting Chicago. Hmm...

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Seems like an obvious add for sure

Pretty sure they played a few years ago too yeah? I remember watching some of them

theasteriskera likes this.
  22. sam_might_say

2015 I think

23. Cmoney86

Trusted

alexisonfire played whenever they got back together which i think was 2015 setlist.fm prolly knows lol

24. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I mean if Underoath can play twice, this doesn't seem too unlikely

25. Tifoil Feb 19, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2019)
    Tifoil

ñ

Touché Amoré and Pianos Become The Teeth are going on a mini tour (4 dates) where they will play To The Beat Of A Dead Horse and Old Pride in full. That would be cool for Riot

swboyd and JaytotheGee like this.