Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Rap is the easiest example because they are not shy at all about booking rap, but only specific kinds of rap: you'll see old school/classic rap style (Wu Tang, NWA/Ice Cube/however that was billed, Snoop Dogg), and modern artists that hold to either the old school vibe (Joey Badass) or have a kind of punk-rock/high energy vibe (Vic Mensa, Run the Jewels). But you're not going to see much outside of those niches.

I'd love to see Brockhampton this year, I think that could be really cool for everyone involved, and I'm always waiting on Vince Staples. Pusha T could also be cool.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Vince, Earl, Brockhampton and Tyler would all be awesome and make sense imo

3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Tyler did Denver one year I believe. Always hoping he's on the bill every year.

4. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

Tyler did Toronto in 2015 and Denver in 2016 IIRC

pauljgreco likes this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Would Tyler be a headliner now? He's getting pretty massive. I wouldn't be opposed.

weshankins34 likes this.
  6. zack33107

Regular

Absolutely he is headlining iii points and Gov Ball

weshankins34 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I could see him mainstage before the headliner. Even though he’s huge, I don’t see him headlining Riot overall

8. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

He could take the Nas spot from 2017.

9. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

The Strokes / Blink-182 / Slayer (final show ever)

That looks Riot Festy, right?

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  10. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I could imagine Slayer playing, but unless Riot Fest gave them GOOD money, they wouldn’t make Riot their last show

weshankins34 likes this.
  11. Piercalicious

Regular

Agreed, maybe final festival performance ever tho?

12. weshankins34

I think headliners will be some combination of the following: the killers, the strokes, the cure, green day, blink-182, jack white, or a rapper like tyler, the creator that has a lot of crossover appeal.

My current bet is: blink-182 (or if they drop again green day), jack white, and tyler, the creator

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I think The Strokes are headlining Lollapalooza and The Killers would be a bit lazy because they headlined Lollapalooza in 2017.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

On paper, it definitely looks Riot Festy. But... I'm putting the Strokes down as a Lolla act this year. My current "best guess" for the #1 headliner is the Cure.

The Cure - Blink 182 - Slayer

That looks even more like Riot Fest to me.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

If Slayer were to play here they would have been on the Open Air lineup in my opinion.

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I could see Slayer doing it, but being billed as their final Chicago show.

17. Tifoil

ñ

With their current festival run in Europe with lineup like "Final UK show", "Final French show" and now in Canada at Heavy Montreal labeled as "Final Montreal show"...
    Maybe they can label it "Final Midwest show" or something like that.

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I really think the fact they’re not hitting Chicago on that spring tour is a VERY good sign of them being a headliner tbh.

19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Has Slayer really only played Riot Fest once (2014)? For whatever reason, I had it in my head that they had played it at least twice.

20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yeah, I think that's right. 2014 is the only year I can remember.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Millencolin is out. West coast tour in September with dates booked the weekend of the festival. Not that anybody was hotly anticipating or predicting them, haha.

swboyd likes this.
  22. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Millencolin is always a welcome midcard addition at a fest like this. *shrug*

Slayer miiiight get me to fly back to Chicago for this. But that's just all speculation at this point.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Low key hope it's not Slayer but I mean I'd get it if it was. Wouldn't be mad, it's just not my first choice I've never really listened to them. It'd make sense with their history at Riot Fest

24. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Slayer sounded awful when I saw them at Riot Fest

25. marissalg

Trusted

All Time Low is teasing a Nothing Personal set at Slam Dunk for the love of god please have them do that at riot.