Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2019 (September 13-15) Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Sep 19, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew Sep 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Jul 18, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Friday
    Blink 182
    Rancid
    Pennywise
    Neck Deep
    Senses Fail (Let It Enfold You)
    Turnstile
    H20
    Angel Du$t

Saturday
    Die Antwoord
    The Struts
    PVRIS
    Guided by Voices
    Senses Fail (Depths + Favorites)
    GWAR
    The Selecter
    Cursive
    Grandson
    The Hu
    This Wild Life
    Masked Intruder

Sunday
    Ween
    The B-52's
    Streetlight Manifesto
    American Football
    Nick Lowe & the Los Straitjackets
    White Reaper

Unknown, but Info Found
    The Raconteurs (not Friday)
    Taking Back Sunday (not Friday)
    Descendants (not Sunday)
    The Starting Line (not Friday)
    Bob Mould (not Friday)
    Hot Water Music (not Saturday)
    Hot Mulligan (not Sunday)
    Prof (not Friday)
    Yours Truly (not Sunday)

weshankins34 likes this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Want Blink and Green Day anniversary shows so bad I can taste it.

3. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Some other possible album anniversaries

20 years:
    Saves The Day - Through Being Cool
    AFI - Black Sails In The Sunset
    CKY - Volume 1
    The Get Up Kids - Something To Write Home About
    Incubus - Make Yourself

15 years:
    Atreyu - The Curse
    Clutch - Blast Tyrant
    New Found Glory - Catalyst
    Strung Out - Exile In Oblivion
    Sum 41 - Chuck
    Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be

And maybe A Day To Remember for 10 years of Homesick?

4. natesmith083

Regular

Wait Homesick turns 10? Wtf how. I feel like that album just came out... I’m getting old.

5. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

To add to the anniversary list:

15th:
    Modest Mouse: Good News...
    Madvillian: Madvillany*

20th:
    The Roots: Things Fall Apart
    Built To Spill: Keep It Like A Secret
    Nine Inch Nails: The Fragile

25th:
    Weezer: Blue Album
    Helmet: Betty
    Offspring: Smash
    Bad Religion: Stranger Than Fiction
    Alice In Chains: Jar Of Flies
    Nine Inch Nails: Downward Spiral
    Dinosaur Jr.: Without A Sound

30th:
    Pixies: Doolittle
    Nine Inch Nails: Pretty Hate Machine
    De La Soul: Three Feet High And Rising

Some of these have been done already, and some aren’t full possibilities, but I’m throwing them out there anyway

*A man can dream, can’t he?

serotonin likes this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Also, dare I say it, Limp Bizkit’s Significant Other turns 20 next year...

7. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

idk if i can handle a year of speculation, but here i am.

russvanderhoof and chewbacca110 like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout Sep 19, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 20, 2018)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

HEADLINER PREDICTION: Taking Back Sunday performing "New Again" for it's 10 year anniversary (I'm joking I'm joking)

Saves the Day doing Through Being Cool at Riot Fest would be a blast. I could see that one happening cus it's been a while since they've played, but I'd be cool with them playing in any way.

Blink doing Enema is something I don't want to get that excited for yet but it'd sure be cool.

A Day to Remember doing "Homesick" is actually something I could really see happening, although I could also see them doing their own tour on it.

I really doubt it would happen, but All Time Low "Nothing Personal" turns 10.

Say Anything's self-titled turns 10. I know they are not really a band now, but Max didn't shoot down ever doing shows, so I could see him coming out of his semi-retirement for something like that. But I'm not sure that would be the album Riot Fest went after from SA.

I can never see it happening but Silverstein doing "A Shipwreck In the Sand" would make me absolutely lose it, but again, I don't see that being the Silverstein album RF goes after.

Jimmy Eat World: Futures (15 Years)
    Midtown: Forget What You Know (15 years)
    Every Avenue: Picture Perfect (10 years)
    Two Tongues: Self-Titled (10 years)
    Manchester Orchestra: Mean Everything To Nothing (10 years)
    Simple Plan: Still Not Getting Any (15 years)
    I See Stars: 3-D (10 years) [I'd be lowkey very excited]
    Paramore: Brand New Eyes (10 years)

Bands I would love to play, regardless of anniversaries:
    The Maine, Ludo, Anarbor, Snail Mail, Charly Bliss, Punchline, Ratboys, Every Avenue, Against Me!, Justin Courtney Pierre, Laura Jane Grace & the Devouring Mothers, Manchester Orchestra, Fugazi, My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte, Alabama Shakes, Alvvays, Bad Bad Hats, badbadnotgood, Bring Me the Horizon, D.R.U.G.S., Propaghandi, Steel Train, the Format

I'm going to try to remember to keep updating this as I think of more things.

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Real talk, God I hope we get a Futures 15 Year tour.

10. marissalg

Trusted

Would love to see some bands along the lines of The Audition that aren’t completely done but don’t do more than a few shows a year (Valencia, Cartel, The Starting Line, etc)

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  11. simonthebutler

Regular

Roll on first of September 2019 for the lineup announcement

12. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I don’t think ADTR will do a Homesick tour but I think they will do it at their Self Help Fests next year.

13. ComplexDivide7

As much as I would love to see AFI, I'm not sure if they would even be willing to do that.. but would be happy to see them do it. I recall someone asking them about an anniversary tour or such and I believe Davey said they wouldn't actually want to do one.. referring to the past and whatnot. But here's to hoping that AFI actually does play Riot Fest next year! If anything, they'd play a few songs from Black Sails, like how they've been throwing in songs from each album to make up a different setlist each night.

14. bree1981 Sep 20, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 20, 2018)
    bree1981

If we're doing wish lists I'd like to see Hot Rod Circuit and Midtown play for the pure nostalgia factor, a Rufio reunion would also be rad. The Get Up Kids doing Something To Write Home About I think has to be a strong possibility, Rancid are bound to be due an appearance, Smashing Pumpkins as one of the headliners would be mint. Throw in some names like Press Club, Cayetana, Bigwig, Save Ferris, a Latterman reunion, Pulley, Screaming Females, Every Time I Die, Worriers, Audio Karate, Turnspit, Kali Masi or Spanish Love Songs and I'd be a happy camper.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I'm there regardless!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  16. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

I know Saves The Day did a full tour on TBC for the 15th anniversary so I doubt they would tour it again but doing it again at Riot is possible.

YES YES YES to Futures, Mean Everything to Nothing, Enema and Forget What You Know.

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Honestly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Saves the Day to do a 15 year set at Riot Fest of TBC, in the way they did a 10 year performance of Stay What You Are at that one fest in Los Angeles.

18. weshankins34

dismemberment plan- emergency and I (1999)
    honestly if I get this album alone I will be incredibly happy

For more random speculation (more hopes than expectations, but still): death grips, danny brown, (insert impossible reunion like smiths, mcr, or dead kennedys here), fidlar, descendants, modest mouse, jeff rosenstock, vince staples, tyler the creator, brockhampton, jeff magnum/neutral milk hotel, my bloody valentine, and american football.

Jim and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I included it just because it technically is an anniversary and would be dope to see but...do y’all think Kanye would ever play Riot, or is he a Lollapalooza guy only?

weshankins34 likes this.
  20. weshankins34

I don't think he will because he's far too big. It'd make me happy, but he's one of the biggest rappers all-time. I actually think there is a lot of overlap in terms of market (despite what some old punks might think) just seems unlikely to me, although I could maybe see kids see ghosts playing.

21. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I’m moving back to a Chicago next July and I finally get to go to one of these! Moved away I think a year before it started.

22. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

At the same time they did do that whole tour for it at the ten year, not sure if they’d do it again so relatively quickly.

23. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I think Lolla because Riot Fest always tries to have headliners pretty unique from other festivals, so they’re not usually on board with the bands who are doing the festival circuit as their headliners.