Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 84

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Probably just that, I never got to go but the reception seemed pretty positive.

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'm all over that but I can almost guarantee there will be some sort of after show I'm going to want to go to more than that.

3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Well, considering Quenchers is closing...IDK where that would go down this year.

4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

When I move back downtown, that is where it is happening

JaytotheGee and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  5. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Not knowing schedules, why couldn’t Beat Kitchen do it?

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. Cmoney86

Trusted

i really really really hope mike shinoda gets added in the 2nd wave

7. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Riot Feast ruled! My girlfriend took me there for my birthday last year.

AMusial625 and KindaFatMike like this.
  8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

There's nothing stopping it from being held there, but it's unlikely based on the people who have booked it in the past. Kickstand Productions handles most of the shows at Beat Kitchen and hasn't had any involvement in the Pizza Party AFAIK. The Pizza Party was a co-production between MPShows and Soothsayer Hot Sauce. MPShows handled the booking at Quenchers the last couple of years and has recently been booking events at The Burlington and Chop Shop. Just based on that, I'd wager it happening at one of those two places unless Soothsayer was the one who was really heading it up. They've had events at various venues all over the city. At that point, it's a crapshoot.

9. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Thanks for the breakdown. I hope they continue to do the pizza party and hot sauce thing.

10. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Beck and The Voidz have to be on Friday or Saturday because of some announced tour dates.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Lagwagon announced a few Lets Talk About Your Feelings shows in Sept so I'd say that's 100% an album play

alkalinexandy likes this.
  12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That's pretty sweet -- and I really hope that's the case!

Does anybody else find it odd that they're waiting to announce album plays this year? It's usually right after the line-up is announced.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I wonder if there has been something going on behind the scenes that has made everything harder to confirm or announce. It’s not like delaying it has led to extra hype, it’s just less time to sell tickets.

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

Brian Fallon / Craig Finn tour is coming to Park West in October, so they're both out for the second wave.

Also Jack White (though it's obvious since he's doing Lolla) is playing west coast festivals the same weekend, so he's out.

15. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

JaytotheGee likes this.
  16. The Format

Regular

It would be a shame if they didn't play anything of Blaze

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

So, that ups Lagwagon's chances of doing LTAF to 105%. Haha.

I was expecting them to play it as a "surprise" at Camp Punk in Drublic, and that didn't happen so... I'm really looking forward to this set now! Not that I wasn't before.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  18. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Woah they didn’t play it there? That’s real weird

alkalinexandy likes this.
  19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Nope! They played a pretty standard "greatest hits" set, and I'm pretty sure Joey had just gotten off a plane like, 2 hours before they got on-stage. Haha.

20. KindaFatMike

Trusted

i wonder if the festival bubble is just that much closer to breaking and its just getting harder to book anyone who isnt already showing up on a bunch of other line ups. Loufest just announced their line up this morning after delaying for a few weeks (and getting pounded for the delay on social media), and they are a week before Riot. All that to say, its doesnt seem like just a riot fest issue

21. ALT/MSC/FAN

In their fall tour announcement, Clutch said they're playing Sunday.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Could be nothing, but didn't Green Day have a big scene in the Simpsons Movie?

josh- likes this.
  23. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

YUP.

24. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I forgot his other band was not on the lineup

25. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

The Frights just announced tour dates and the poster says “Riot Fest- September 14/15”

So... they’re playing one of those days...