Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

They are definitely the prototypical noon or 1:00 level band. H2o could probably go a bit higher

And yea mxpx...im not sure they're interested in making a big push anymore.

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'd say MxPx and H2O are in exactly the same spot, with MxPx arguably drawing more but H2O getting a slightly higher slot on a festival just because they don't play out as often. But again, at a festival like Riot Fest I just don't see either band playing the main stage.

Actually, I'm now wondering if that's why Goldfinger did that weird one-off at CMH the week before the festival instead of playing it. They're in a pretty similar spot at this point, I think.

And yeah, they don't care about the "big push." They cover that too on the podcast. They're just basically doing what feels fun and trying to be smart about it... Mike mentioned that, recently, they announced some shows to their mailing list (targeted by region) and sold out a few shows before they were ever officially announced to the public. They basically said they can make the same money they would typically make, and do less if they just operate like a lean, smart machine. Kind of an interesting take... And I'd rather a band do that than continue swinging for the fences and burn out/break-up.

domotime2 likes this.
  3. Cgarnsay

Trusted

I was there for that... I was truly excited to see him too...I was alone on that one.

swboyd and alkalinexandy like this.
  4. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

5. Darth Annihilus

Regular

I ended up with the $139 tier after the glitch. Anybody else grab theirs?

6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I was going to this morning, but I ended up passing. Maybe I just lucked out last year, but I bought mine secondhand for SUPER cheap, and I kind of want to try and do that again.

Darth Annihilus likes this.
  7. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Got the $139 ticket as well.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Only like 6 months until the lineup!!

9. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I wish I had certainty of where I’ll be next year to justify buying tix

alkalinexandy likes this.
  10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Really wish I could buy passes today. Would save me some cash. But given the fact that I'm just moving to a new apartment this weekend, I'm really not sure if I'll be in a position to go next year or not.

Looking forward to the inevitable kick-off to crazy prediction season in late February/early March next year, though! :-)

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I somehow got through for one $129 ticket the first time they went on sale. Looking forward to it as always!

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I also got through before noon when they had to re-fire up Ticketfly. $20 cheaper than I paid last year, so I consider it a win.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'm banking on getting my ticket for $free.99 once again. But I will definitely be there.

14. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

15. ALT/MSC/FAN

Yo I won a turntable and a dozen records on their Instagram contest today!!!

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

You’re Alysha Kerry??

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

Nope, Landon Defever!

@duhfever is my IG handle

18. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

This is the way to go. So many people get their tickets months in advance and can't end up going, and they're pretty generous with comps around the city. That means there are always plenty of passes on Craigslist for $40 -$100 depending on if you're going for just a day or the whole thing.

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

Yup! I actually bought a weekend pass off someone in here for $100 because they couldn't make it and it REALLY helped me out.

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Yeah after getting stuck with two tickets this year I think I’m gonna work on securing flights and lodging and worry about tickets the month / week / day of since they seem to be readily available and usually for less money.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That's awesome!

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  22. ALT/MSC/FAN

The player is a Crosley sadly but the records are from Epitaph, FBR and Fat Wrecks so I’m expecting most of them to be awesome.

23. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

When do you get the records?

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Pkew Pkew Pkew are returning to Quenchers on January 4th. Can't wait to relive the Glory Days of the pop punk pizza party

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

I’m gonna guess sometime in January but who knows, haha. I’ll post what I get in here!

Michael Schmidt likes this.