Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 34

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I don't doubt that Tim and Matt would be open to it. Rancid started "covering" Operation Ivy songs a whole bunch a few years back on a fairly regular basis... So you know they still have love for those songs.

As @SkyGrowsBigger points out, Jesse is the hold-out. I forget what his stance has been on it in the past, but I'm pretty sure he just said he had no interest in playing shows, wanted to focus on other things, etc. That being said? It may have hit a point where the money was just too much to say "no" to.

The way Riot Fest tends to operate too, it may be viable... I remember Riot Mike in interviews around the time of the Misfits thing, he mentioned how they leveraged the relationships they had with each individual member of that band to help make that happen. Riot Fest has a standing relationship with Rancid, and last year they brought on a band from the same "scene" that OpIvy was in to reunite and that went really well... So. Who knows.

We'll know sooner rather than later, I think!

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Hopefully this week

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully, hah! I'm trying to think if we were "warned" ahead of time about the teaser video or anything like that. I think it kind of came out of the blue... If it did? We may get something today. They generally make the announcement on a Wednesday, right?

The Twitter account engaging fans about the line-up announcement is probably a good sign.

Morgan and JaytotheGee like this.
  4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They did do the whole 80s game show which had a bunch of clues. Who knows if they plan to do it again though.

5. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Alright, I'm calling it now that Bad Religion will do a 30th anniversary Suffer set and play it in its entirety.

I'm probably gonna be completely wrong, but for some reason, I can see it happening.

alkalinexandy and JaytotheGee like this.
  6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Riot Fest posted about a new Perfect Circle song.

7. The Format

Regular

Also Tool is recording new Music

Cgarnsay likes this.
  8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

9. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Welp, guess we're not getting the lineup then

weshankins34 likes this.
  10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The engagement on Instagram around that tweet is fantastic. Are people seriously that stupid to really, truly believe this to be a thing that a festival would do?

weshankins34 likes this.
  11. ALT/MSC/FAN

The Jesus Lizard is playing Detroit on Friday, September 14th.

mercury and swboyd like this.
  12. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I could get behind Jesus Lizard. Definitely not a headliner though.

13. ALT/MSC/FAN

They'll probably be a mid-day Main or side stage band.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Format and swboyd like this.
  15. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Gahhh I'm going to a show each of those nights, but I really really want to see Bad Bad Hats so I'm hoping they end up playing earlier in the day Saturday or Sunday so I can still see them

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Definitely a mid-day Main stage band; maybe even early evening, depending on who the headliner is. I doubt they'd headline that little stage.

That's a tight line-up! Unfortunately, I feel like that takes a few potential Riot bands out of the mix (Ted Leo, Deerhoof, AM Taxi, Chris Farren).

Related: Bear Vs. Shark definitely put on one of the best live shows. They got booked at my college with Murder By Death and Onelinedrawing back in like, 2003... And they literally rocked a clock off the wall with their music during the set.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think with bands that size though it doesn't really matter if they are booked for both. The street fest is more or less free (I mean suggested donation but nothing serious), and those bands aren't moving tickets to Riot anyway.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  19. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Fair point! Also: Could be announced as part of a second wave, even if that's a "thing."

Ted Leo would be a really great add for me at Riot!

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  20. The Format

Regular

Bear Vs. Shark is one of the best live shows i've ever seen. Long time fan :) and would love to see them play Riot.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I hate how these rumors can get me going...

On last week's episode of Turned Out A Punk, Damien said "there will be a reason to talk about Operation Ivy very soon. Hint, hint." Instead of me doing what I would usually do and just assume Jesse Michaels is going to be a guest soon (and he probably will be; he tweeted about that podcast like, last week)...

My brain jumps to "OMG! He's doing press! REUNION!"

Riot Fest ruins everything.

22. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

It’s easily gonna be op ivy this year

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Op ivy is the reunion that seems the easiest

24. alkalinexandy Apr 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 18, 2018)
    alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

What else is left that seems reasonable?

25. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Now that we got a Jawbreaker reunion, I'd loveeeee for a Jets to Brazil reunion.

alkalinexandy and Joe4th like this.