Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 33

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Would love The Cure as a headliner.

Riot is advertising a The Fever 333 show this spring. I can see them being on the official lineup.

Morgan likes this.
  2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I skipped most of the Cure's set last time they played in favor of other acts, so I definitely wouldn't be mad if they played again.

I feel like they'll definitely be on the bill. They're doing a bunch of those "active rock" festivals this year; Riot isn't exactly that by any stretch, but with Open Air not happening...

3. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Just want to join in on the hype here! Not sure why I didn’t sub to this thread when it first got created. Super excited to be coming from PA for the gf and I’s third year in a row :)

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Riot Fest just posted an article about Janet Jackson.

...headline set confirmed?

alkalinexandy and Morgan like this.
  5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Seems more like a proto-typical Riot Fest weirdball article post than anything, haha.

Daniel182 likes this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Am I the only one that genuinely thinks an Operation Ivy reunion might happen?

Can’t help but notice Rancid has been awfully quiet this year, and only have one tour show this year so far (Camp Punk In Drublic).

Maybe Tim and Matt are prepping for something?...

7. The Format

Regular

Maybe the Transplants will play with Operation Ivy and Blink play.

8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Branden (drummer of Rancid) posted the guitar and bass that Tim and Matt used in Operation Ivy on his Instagram story last night. It’s still up now. Could be nothing, though.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I will 100% go if Op Ivy plays

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'll take a swing and guess the headliners are: Blink 182/Beck/My Bloody Valentine/Operation Ivy

weshankins34 likes this.
  11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This is the first time the Operation Ivy buzz has had any sort of credence to it, hah. Still not convinced, as it's just a picture, but... I would have said the same thing about Jawbreaker at this time last year.

And the OpIvy reunion feels far more likely than that did, just because of the people involved.

weshankins34 likes this.
  12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Beck / LCD Soundsystem / Janet Jackson for Landon's Lock of the Week

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The undercard would have to be amazing to justify my trip.

weshankins34 and alkalinexandy like this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really hope Op Ivy plays

15. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Gimme some Electric Wizard.

16. The Format

Regular

Nate from The Format has been quiet lately. So has Sam Means.

Just saying.

17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i hope Operation Ivy does not play, because i cannot go, and that is just the kind of person i am

18. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

If we get a Format reunion oh man

19. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

If Op Ivy were to play, I would be ecstatic with the lineup regardless of who else is playing.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  20. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

That’s how I felt when Jawbreaker played last year, haha. But thankfully they ended up playing some LA shows and I got to see them

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And now they’re writing new music! It’s truly a dream come true.

22. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

A few weeks back, Lars from Rancid tweeted something implying that he'd be back there in September. It was within the context of a series of tweets with random live shots and such... And I don't think he called out any/many other cities as ones he'd be returning to. Certainly not so specifically.

I think they're a strong possibility. Although, I think it would be a more standard set. I'm not holding my breath for a Life Won't Wait play (however much I would love that, I don't think that's an album enough people would care about).

weshankins34 likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I would rather them just play Wolves in full again if Rancid plays lol

SlappinCups and alkalinexandy like this.
  24. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Well, if Tim and Matt are going to be there anyway for Rancid, they might as well just reunite op-ivy!

alkalinexandy likes this.
  25. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

Highly doubt we'll get an Op Ivy reunion. I imagine being full time musicians, Tim and Matt would probably be open to reuniting and playing some big shows. It was always my impression that Jesse Michaels was the one holding things back now that he's more involved with film, literature and art and hasn't done much music-wise since Classics of Love, which was pretty low-key in its own right.

weshankins34 likes this.