Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 264

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Moni Moni

So I missed a few pages of the discussion, but did we talk about Bleachers yet?

(Except for the drummers) THEY WEREN'T EVEN PLAYING! They had a background track that included at least the vocals and the bass, even when the guitar player was pretending to play the bass....

2. SEMUSIC

I didn't notice that about Bleachers but something about their attitude turned me off, he seemed really angry that they crowd wasn't as hype as he would have preferred but that's insane.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think I was at a different Bleachers show than y'all cus I don't understand either of those complaints.

The only part I can guess you were getting that he was "angry" was when he was having people get on their shoulders. Idk I think maybe I'm just more familiar with the way Jack talks? Like him saying "I mean it Chicago get the fuck up" is not him being angry. He honestly seemed to be loving it to me.

alkalinexandy and ItsAndrew like this.
  4. Moni Moni

Let me clarify, it wasn't Jack's live vocals for about 90% of the time. The bass player was physically playing different notes and gestures than were needed to make the bass sound coming out of the speakers...

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I've seen them like 8 times and never noticed this, but I'm also not the most observant cus I was just getting really into it, but I mean I would think it'd get noticed if a band with as high a profile was not actually playing live.

6. Moni Moni

My bro and I noticed it right away from his vocals. The vocals didn't waiver at all and the mic wasn't close to his mouth most of the time. My bro is a bass player and said the bass player clearly wasn't playing because there was a bass slide (not sure the technical term), that his sliding hand was going in the wrong direction. ie: the note played through the PA went from high to low and his hand slid from the low end of the bass neck to the high end.

We were about 15 rows back and watching the band, as opposed to jumping around...This was my second time seeing them too. They did a great job at the performance aspect and they put on a physical show performance, but we had big doubts that the music was actually being played on instruments and through the mics.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If we're being real here...the saxophone sounded a little too good.

8. Moni Moni

There were at least two spots that he removed his mouth from the mouthpiece and the note kept playing...

Don't get me wrong, I was more disappointed than mad about it all. Bleachers was a band I was really looking forward to. I haven't seen them play since their first tour.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Same, I saw them on the Charli XCX tour and thought they were great, but I left their set early to watch Atmosphere and Taking Back Sunday.

10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Taking Back Sunday was really good this year and it was fun being up in the crowd, but I probably should have watched all of Bleachers. The little I watched was blowing me away and who knows when I'll see them again

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Finally someone being reasonable

12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Maybe it's the way I connect (or lack thereof) to the band, but I simply don't understand the hype around Bleachers live. What's so impressive/fun about it? I only saw a song or two, and I didn't dislike it... But I also didn't like it. It was just sorta there.

Legitimately asking!

Aren't they fun every year? I forget who coined the phrase, but I would put Taking Back Sunday in the upper echelon of what would consider "serviceable and fun." Haha. You get exactly what you're expecting setlist-wise... Coupled with some ridiculous banter between songs about the festival and/or other bands playing.

13. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

"I was sitting at home last week and I got a call......Hey do you want to play Riot Fest? I was like, sure, next year?........No, Next Friday"

14. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

I am 100% okay with TBS being there every year in the 7pm Rise/Radicals stage slot. They've been so much fun the past two.

alkalinexandy and weshankins34 like this.
  15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

got some antibiotics today. fucking riot fest flu.

16. SEMUSIC

I just did myself, I have been sick for over a week and it's just lingering, so happy.

17. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Feel your pain!

18. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm definitely into them playing every year. I do kinda wish they'd just throw them on the main stage at some point, though... I never manage to catch their full set because some other act I've never seen or haven't seen in a while is always playing up against them.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I never end up seeing TBS cus they always play against people I consider a more unique opportunity to see.

20. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I definitely agree it'd be nice to switch it up and put them on the main stage for sure.

21. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

22. Moni Moni

BridgeportCubs and kelseyleigh like this.