Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 263

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Some nice shots of the side of my head in those pics!

2. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm in approximately none of those pictures, but I also hang way the fuck back at festivals (or was watching from the VIP section) so that's not entirely shocking.

Man, I'm really hoping next year's line-up is solid. As much as the line-up (and the performances) felt pretty much "by the numbers" this year? The more I think about it... It was such a blast!

Morgan and BingoCrossFur like this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I feel like I didn't Riot correctly this year. I got too distracted by friends and stuff who held me back from getting as close as I would've and then I missed a few sets too. Still had a blast, but I wish I would've been in the action a little more. But also if I did that more I probably would've been way more dead after.

Cgarnsay and alkalinexandy like this.
  4. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

Baller :D

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  5. marissalg

Trusted

Idk if anyone else kept all their Pedialyte coupons but these are awesome. I’m paying like $2 a bottle.

6. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

i thanked them every time i went to get water. that setup was 100000x better than the long line to a hose or whatever it used to be in the past

marissalg likes this.
  7. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

That water set up was sooo much better than it has been before.

BridgeportCubs likes this.
  8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I kept hearing people say they weren't able to find the water stations this year (other than the Pedialyte one)...

Real smart move on Pedialyte's part, and I hope they come back next year.

Morgan and BridgeportCubs like this.
  9. SEMUSIC

I still have the Riot Flu after a week at this point, anyone else still sick????

Morgan, Jim and BridgeportCubs like this.
  10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'm good, aside from the occasional dust cough.

Morgan likes this.
  11. BridgeportCubs

Regular

Yes!!

12. atlas

Trusted

My sinuses are fucking killing me, it feels like someone is inside my face and pushing on it. I think the worst is over though

ItsAndrew and Morgan like this.
  13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Haha my fiancé and I actually had enough and went to the doctor today

14. SEMUSIC

Yeah the worst is over for me as well, it's just lingering at this point and it's super annoying! I didn't get sick after last year, didn't get so lucky this time.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I avoided it this year by some miracle! Just some light coughing and whatnot from a weekend of drinking and dust inhalation but I didn’t get full on sick like normal.

weshankins34 likes this.
  16. SEMUSIC

I only went in the crowd for K.Flay and Alkaline Trio this year and I was not prepared for the amount of dirt that I was breathing in, it was brutal lol.

Morgan likes this.
  17. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

Were there other water stations outside of the Pedialyte one? I feel like I saw others on the map, but didn't actually see others in person.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  18. Chickenmcbringinits

i like food

I just now got sick haha. Riot Fest made be sunburned and sore but not sick. But this weekend the temp dropped hard for like a day and my body broke.

19. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

FWIW there's a nasty cold going around and I luckily got through it about two days before the festival. Heat and dirt absolutely aren't helping things, but I think a lot of us would have gotten sick whether we went to Riot Fest or not.

20. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

There was at least one other. As you were walking over to the Rebel Stage, it was off to the right... Just after the beer/before the porta-potties.

kelseyleigh likes this.
  21. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I never saw them advertised. Maybe I missed it? I never got an email from Pitchfork about it.

22. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I've been fighting this cold now for a couple of days. It's rough.

23. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

There were two pedialyte ones (the big one near the rides, and the little one near the two main stages), but that was all I ever saw.

24. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I may also be confusing the "main" water station (where it usually is)... That might have been sponsored by Pedialyte too.

25. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Main one was between the rides and the Rebel stage - that was the only one I knew about until now, haha.

kelseyleigh and alkalinexandy like this.