Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think RTJ is definitely a lock

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Run the Jewels would be in my Top 5, easily, if they played. Like, I'd probably watch them over Brand New.

3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That would be fair under normal circumstances, but that would be an absurd decision if 2018 is really Brand New's final year.

weshankins34 and JaytotheGee like this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I also see Saves The Day, Bouncing Souls, Alkaline Trio, Every Time I Die, Less Than Jake and The Front Bottoms returning

kman22 and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What makes you think RTJ is a lock? Just because they seem like a good fit? Or do you have actual information (just curious because I want it to happen)

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think it would be kind of cool if Riot Fest took a leap and gave a rapper the actual headlining spot, but I don't think they would because it might piss off too many people. They'd have to pick very carefully at least.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If they can get Neutral Milk Hotel for In the Aeroplane 20th, I can die a happy man.

(I won't apologize for the triple post).

weshankins34, Morgan and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  8. Cmoney86

Trusted

Run the Jewels played lolla this year and they closed one of the smaller stages but thy still killed it

9. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I'd lovvvvve for riot to get REM

Cgarnsay likes this.
  10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

They sub-headlined for the Killers on the bigger of the two main stages.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Nah they played the main stage before the Killers. But yes they did kill it.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think it just makes sense and would just be one of the perfect hip hop acts for Riot Fest

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  13. Cmoney86

Trusted

Whatever it was a long fucking weekend I forget but still. I think they could headline a night of riot fest who cares what fucking genre they are

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

Whatever it was a long fucking weekend I forget but still. I think they could headline a night of riot fest who cares what fucking genre they are

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea they are a perfect fit in terms of hip hop for Riot Fest. I think them, Flatbush Zombies, and Tyler the Creator all have to play it eventually.
    I only pointed it out because it supports your theory more. And if they don't headline I don't think it'd be because of their genre, I'm just not sure they'd have quite the pull to justify a headliner slot at RF, but they're coming close.

weshankins34 and JaytotheGee like this.
  16. Cmoney86

Trusted

Their crowd from what I heard was fucking massive at lolla so...

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea it was pretty huge, but it's hard to compare Riot Fest crowds to Lolla crowds. You could be right though. Either way I'd be thrilled to have them on the lineup.

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

That'd be my most wanted reunion without question, for sure. Would that be Lollaworthy if that was the case?

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i think brand new is playing pitchfork not this

JaytotheGee likes this.
  20. ALT/MSC/FAN

You think they'd headline?

21. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

maybe a night, maybe like, second biggest on a night. depends on how big they decide to go next year

weshankins34 and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't know if I can see Brand New at Pitchfork but I guess they do have more p4k cred these days. I hadn't really thought about it. I think they'd headline though. I don't really think Solange, Beach House, or FKA Twigs are any bigger. They did go bigger with LCD and ATCQ this year, but I still think if anything they'd be the smallest headliner.

23. Grato

Regular

NMH never playing another show again after the 2015 reunion

24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

They did a ton of shows, I would definitely be surprised if they played any more.

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Money talks y'all.