Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 16

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Wu Tang was one of, if not the best set that weekend. To have everyone in the group still living and super into it made it so entertaining. I planned on watching a little bit before going over to Streetlight and ended up watching the whole set.

ALT/MSC/FAN and Morgan like this.
  2. Morgan

Morgan

I tried running back and fourth between WU and Streetlight.
    That crowd was massive

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  3. Morgan

Morgan

I hope this is the year Smashmouth plays

Danny and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Yeah, the second At the Drive In finished up, I ran over to Wu-Tang and their crowd was huge. Their set was so sick, but I'm bummed I had to miss Streetlight because of it too. I feel like I'll never see that band.

Morgan likes this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It's ok if you missed Streetlight

They were my first favorite band and still one of my all time favs and that was easily my least favorite time seeing them

Definitely should have watched Wu Tang

ALT/MSC/FAN and Morgan like this.
  6. Michael Schmidt

I was with another person standing on the fringe of the crowd in the back and during the first song we just looked at each other and were like, "we're staying here". We pretty much just slowly worked our way up between songs. By the end we were in front of the sound booth and pretty close to the action. Really fun experience.

Morgan likes this.
  7. Michael Schmidt

Nick and I gambled correctly haha.

Morgan and JaytotheGee like this.
  8. ALT/MSC/FAN

Did they sound off, or low energy?

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Just not my favorite setlist and the crowd was kinda meh. They were great as always

They played basically all of Somewhere In The Between because they were doing the 10 year tour of the album (I already didn't care for that since they normally play the whole album besides 1-2 anyway) but then they didn't even end up playing the whole thing which was annoying and played A Moment Of Silence/Violence and The Three Of Us

10. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

I hope Anti-Flag is on this year

JaytotheGee likes this.
  11. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Same. I'm wondering if one of them will be the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They could easily be a Lolla band, but... They would fit Riot too, and where they'd be a second line on Lolla they could be an end of dayyer at Riot Fest. Which can probably make a difference.

But part of me is also feeling like... Most years, I haven't been able to predict who the top three are. And at least one of them is usually a band I hadn't even thought of.

So. We'll see, I guess. Haha.

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

I could see N.E.R.D. closing a side stage, like Wu-Tang did this year. Same with Run the Jewels.

alkalinexandy and weshankins34 like this.
  13. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Please, that'd be great

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I really want The Killers

Definitely likely

weshankins34 likes this.
  15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Riot Fest just tweeted about MCR-inspired pizzas.

Could be nothin’. Could be somethin’.

16. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Probably nothing. But that also depends on how believable Warped Tour's tweeter is. Hah.

weshankins34 and Morgan like this.
  17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

What does that have to do with it? Did warped say something about this?

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They favorited my tweet telling them that they should have Green Day play as a protest to the NRA. They've been tweeting about the crazy NRA lady (idk or care about her name) and her apparent hatred of Green Day because they're not punk. I wouldn't put too much weight in it, but it's food for thought.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  19. Cmoney86

Trusted

Warped said they aren’t getting mcr back together to do warped

weshankins34 and Morgan like this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Dammit no Less Than Jake now either :verysad:

[​IMG]

21. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

The 2nd version of that fest was absolutely dope w/ Bayside and the Menz but the actual beer portion was a shitshow. Wonder if they've streamlined it since then.

Morgan likes this.
  22. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

I may actually have to go to fucking Tinley Park for that one. Great line-up even if their beer is mediocre as sin.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

If Riot Fest wasn't literally two weeks after that, I'd definitely make the trip down. I just can't justify two trips in that short of a time.

24. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Is it exclusively 350 beer now? When I went there were dozens of Chicago-area breweries there

25. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

pitchfork lineup is coming tomorrow, at least headliners, so that'll narrow some stuff down soon

alkalinexandy likes this.