Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 14

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Idk it and the Riv have always had more expensive shows since they are bigger rooms, combined with the fact they are the most difficult to get to from the burbs, so i've never been to either.

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Lucero is pretty big, I'm not sure if they would be playing over Menz if not for the legacy factor but they always sell out Beachland (500 cap) here

alkalinexandy likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Fair enough, they are always pricier and not super accessible unless you drive. Both are pretty cool though.
    Yea I've heard their name, just don't know much about them. I am a little surprised they're billed over Menz, but i bet they get about the same amount of time.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Menz get 30 / Lucero 45 pretty positive (unfortunately)

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oof that kind of diminishes my excitement.

I'd definitely go ordinarily, but I kind of wanted to go up to Wisconsin for Dead & Co. that day. Menzingers is almost enough to convince me to stay, but maybe not for a 30 minute set. It's always fun to see Frank though, so I'll have to see.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely a bummer but this tour should do really well to push them into the kind of mainstream(ish) following that Frank and Gaslight have

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea true, I get why they're doing it. I'm excited for them. I'd imagine they'll go over really well with Frank's crowd.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

H20 announced some overseas dates for a 10 year Nothing To Prove tour

Would love to see them play the album at Riot Fest. Pretty surprised they haven't played it the last few years

alkalinexandy and domotime2 like this.
  9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Damn the gaslight news really bummed me out but now I’m truly considering doing two Chicago trips this year.

10. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That would be awesome! How the fuck are we at a 10-year tour for that album, though? Holy wow. Time flies...

I'd love to see them at Riot Fest (and I know that myself and domotime always reference them as a band we'd like to see there). Given what that small/side stage is now? I can definitely see them playing that stage anytime between 4-8pm.

The tricky part about bands their size is that they're a legacy act, but you can't really throw them on any of the main stages after like... 1pm EST because the other acts are bigger or whatever. But that side stage has definitely evolved into a "bigger" thing than it used to be during the second half of the day.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I still can't believe Streetlight played there last year, I think H2O would definitely be a great mid day band on that stage

weshankins34 likes this.
  12. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

That stage had some bigger acts every day last year than they would have had previously. The Hotelier, Nothing More, Streetlight Manifesto, GWAR, Andrew W.K.

I feel like they started using it as a spot to throw bands they would typically put on the main stage in the early afternoon that wanted to play later in the day. Haha.

weshankins34 and JaytotheGee like this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah for sure haha I guess eliminating the switch over stage helped with that since a lot of the later sets could have more than 30 minutes

14. atlas

Trusted

Close to 0% chance it happens but I really just wanna see Alexisonfire again

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

What if My Bloody Valentine played this year?

alkalinexandy and weshankins34 like this.
  16. Cmoney86

Trusted

they are touring this year so there might be a chance

17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

You know what? This is my new dark horse guess for a major headliner.

DarkHotline and weshankins34 like this.
  18. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m seeing a lot of comments on FB saying that they are leaving Douglas Park. Can anyone confirm if that’s true? I’d be very curious about any change. May need to plan a different hotel...

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Where else could they have it? Anyone know Chicago that well that could speculate?

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

Back to humblt park possibly

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really hope not. I've really liked it at Douglas Park and I'm worried if they change it again it's going to be another disaster year.

22. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Douglas Park was great, I hope they don't change that.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Please keep Douglas. The previous years I went were such a mess compared to a Douglas

Kelsey and alkalinexandy like this.
  24. It’s Douglas Park or way out in the northwest suburbs at this point. I don’t see it going back to Humboldt after the conflicts with the neighborhood a few years ago. There’s no way it could happen in Grant Park due to the timing. And I don’t think any other city parks work in terms of size and layout.

weshankins34 likes this.
  25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm not able to see the visitor posts... Am I dumb, or...?