Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2018 - September 14-16 - Douglas Park, Chicago Tour • Page 125

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ALT/MSC/FAN, Sep 23, 2017.

1. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

You know what? You got a point...

2. sam_might_say

GREEN DAY AS HEADLINER CONFIRMED

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. Piercalicious

Regular

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Aside from just having played Lolla, is there anything preventing Basement from playing? I only ask because they're playing Audiotree Festival in Kalamazoo a week later, so I'm thinking, maybe if they're in the area already they'd be second wave?

5. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

They also had an aftershow, it was August 3rd iirc

6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

So. What band is playing Chicago tonight that everybody is predicting is the reason they haven't announced the second wave yet?

JaytotheGee likes this.
  7. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Jokes on you, that show is getting rained out lol

8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Good. I hope it rains so much the second wave gets bigger!

...I know somebody said something about "shitposting" earlier, but honestly... This thread is the only place I've seen where people are doing it in a relatively playful, fun, and creative manner instead of like, out of pure rage.

Which also feels weird. I've literally seen people say things like "I'm never going again!" Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm not going to let a poor roll-out ruin my fun on the actual weekend. I'll be less likely to give them my money so far in advance next year, but you know... It just seems like a real weird line in the sand to draw.

I'm giving them my money for the festival experience. Not to "wow" me months in advance or whatever.

9. sam_might_say

We’re here to have fun! A lot of people here aren’t even going, but are still nerds about this festival. There’s nothing we can really do, so it’s really just a time-passing thing

Morgan, alkalinexandy and pauljgreco like this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Bosstones play Chicago on 22nd

That’s gotta be it

Lol

KingofSpain and alkalinexandy like this.
  11. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Culture Abuse plays Sep 12, gotta be it

JaytotheGee likes this.
  12. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

That was me for a few years before we went for the first time in 2016, and will go most likely every year from here on out. It's just a really fun weekend and even if the rollout is weird, I'm going to have the best time!

13. sam_might_say

I’ve been wanting to go for years. I’m gonna try and go after I graduate college. That’s gonna be my gift to myself

pauljgreco likes this.
  14. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I would have presumed that's what it was for most everybody on the Internet ("just a time-passing thing"/nerding out about the line-up and such)... But the Internet has proven me wrong.

That's what it is for me too. I'm excited about going, but I love the speculation and shit too.

I'm pissed I wasted that Pay Attention joke like, two weeks ago when it said "Pay Attention" in that e-mail.

That was me when I graduated from college in 2006 with the Fest. I saved up my money and made that shit happen the next year.

KindaFatMike likes this.
  15. ALT/MSC/FAN

In less disheartening news, I just booked my Airbnb!

Morgan, KindaFatMike, Eclipse and 4 others like this.
  16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

350 Fest is Saturday

Def waiting for that

:)

alkalinexandy likes this.
  17. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Last year you announced your flight times in April, and your lodging booking in June. And we don't even know what food you're going to eat while you're there! WHY ARE YOU SO BEHIND SCHEDULE THIS YEAR?!!

Honestly? Of all the shows they'd be waiting on? That's the one that would excite me the most. I was really hoping that Sincere Engineer would be on the bill this year.

Also: All shows need more A Wilhelm Scream.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  18. ALT/MSC/FAN

Would love to watch literally any of the bands playing 350 Fest at Riot, so that'd be well worth the wait.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was kidding and I absolutely don’t think that’s gonna happen

But yes I would definitely be stoked lol

alkalinexandy and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  20. Eclipse

Regular

Somebody with a guitar is playing outside a pink line station maybe they’re waiting for them to finish before announcing the next wave.

I was unsure about going this year with the lineup info we already have and my life circumstances so I’m largely in it for aftershows right now, but despite some of the weirdness I would definitely attend next year

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

I was at the Pearl Jam show tonight they went on 2 hours late and still managed to play almost their entire set list only had to cut 3-5 songs

andysoto523 likes this.
  22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok I can feel it... today we are getting the announcement for the announcement

weshankins34, Morgan and chewbacca110 like this.
  23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

In the meantime though I made a RF playlist with everyone I am hoping to see and honestly it’s already packed so I’m going to be happy no matter what. Which I already knew but putting it all together in one playlist really made me realize how much I enjoy the lineup.

24. Morgan

Morgan

2nd wave has 10 letters.

You know what also has 10 letters??

My Chemical.

HEADLINER CONFIRMED

25. ALT/MSC/FAN Aug 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2018)
    ALT/MSC/FAN

Took another look through the lineup, and here's an updated list of who's playing which days.

Italics denotes new finding

Friday

Blink 182
    Dropkick Murphys
    Flogging Molly
    Bad Religion
    Cypress Hill
    Matt & Kim
    K. Flay
    Bullet for My Valentine
    Liz Phair
    Moose Blood
    William Ryan Key (?)
    Speedy Ortiz
    The Fever 333

Saturday
    Beck
    Interpol
    The Jesus Lizard
    The Voidz
    Andrew WK
    GWAR
    Face to Face
    The Early November (?)
    The Dangerous Summer (?)

Sunday
    TBA Headliner
    Incubus
    Young the Giant
    Alkaline Trio
    Blondie
    Father John Misty
    The Wonder Years
    Clutch
    Johnny Marr
    Superchunk
    JD McPherson
    Calpurnia
    Mom Jeans
    Pronoun
    Save Face
    Super Whatevr

- Suicidal Tendencies starts their tour in Phoenix 9/18, so I imagine they won't play Sunday?
    - Wolfmother is playing in Minneapolis 9/16, so they're playing Friday or Saturday (probably Saturday)
    - SWMRS is playing a festival in Los Angeles 9/14, so they're playing Saturday or Sunday (probably Sunday?)
    - Reignwolf is playing Columbus 9/14, so they're playing Saturday or Sunday.
    - Piebald is playing Detroit 9/14, so they're playing Saturday or Sunday.
    - The Frights is playing Minneapolis 9/16, so they're playing Friday or Saturday.
    - Flor starts a European tour 9/17, so they're not playing Sunday.
    - Bully is playing Spring Green, WI 9/14, so they're playing Saturday or Sunday.
    - Lower Class Brats is playing in Los Angeles 9/16, so they're playing Friday or Saturday.
    - Total Chaos was opening for The Exploited, who dropped apparently, so they might not be playing.