Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2017 Festival • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 21, 2016.

1. floralxgreen

Is this the year we finally get the jawbreaker reunion?

Morgan and Emokid79 like this.
  2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

We can all dream can't we?

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Minor Threat is a band I always hope will play Riot Fest, but I don't expect it to ever happen.

5. abear182

Regular

I am hoping for FEST to nail this one. More doubtful unfortunately :(.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

"The Riot Fest lineup will be released the same fucking time as usual."

7. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I'm going to go ahead and assume that Streetlight Manifesto is going to be playing Somewhere in the Between this year.

8. simonthebutler

Regular

Travelling from Manchester, England for this. Really looking forward to it

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

IMG_7133.JPG

10. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

kidinthebushes likes this.
  11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I would bet a large amount of money they'll be playing 9/16 (my birthday!!!)

I'm really bummed I have to miss the Cleveland show but oh well as long as they play the full album at Riot. I would love if they did an aftershow too but I doubt it.

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

16864528_1233938733308769_7383219971022817947_n.jpg

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was trying not to get my hopes up for Queens of the Stone Age before, since I had no evidence other than my own hope that they would play Riot Fest, but hasn't Riot Fest shared a lot of acts with Rock Fest before? I could easily see 30 Seconds to Mars and Queens of the Stone Age being two headliners this year. I'd still love to see Paramore play too. I could also see Smashing Pumpkins if the reunion really is happening soon.

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I believe 30 Seconds is playing Lollapalooza. I wouldn't be surprised if Queens did Lolla over Riot Fest, too.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I don't buy that. The only evidence I've seen for that is Muse is playing Lolla and Muse and 30STM are touring together. I don't think it's crazy to think they would choose to hold off until Riot Fest where they can actually headline, rather than a support slot at Lolla, but I could be way off.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I could see AFI, Good Charlotte, At The Drive In, Goldfinger, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Anti-Flag and PUP all playing this year.

311 maybe as well

Bob Saget and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just checked 30STM tour dates though and I guess they're playing in California the friday of Riot and Colorado the monday after. It's not that it couldn't easily be done, but I'm not sure about the practicality of it, so maybe they really are playing Lolla.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I also have a strong feeling Bouncing Souls and The Menzingers will play this year. Which would be very good

20. atlas

Trusted

*crosses everything I've got for Alexis again*

21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

As someone who is completely new to Riot Fest, but is seriously thinking about making the trip for the first time, I have a few questions.

When do they usually start announcing the lineup?

What are the best affordable hotels in the area?

I've only flown once and this would be the first time doing anything like this by myself. Any tips on how to save on plane tickets or any other travel expenses? Trying to do this on a $2000 or or less budget.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

May is when the ball starts rolling, if you're really considering going and trying to do it cheap, I'd recommend buying a ticket now, you'll save around $100 and you can always sell it and get your money back if you change your mind.

I stayed at a hotel near the airport with a few people and it wasn't bad. No matter where you stay as long as your close to a train station it's easy to get to the festival.

23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Where are you coming from?

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This was the timeline for last year.

11/24/15 - early bird 3-day passes go on sale (Chicago & Denver - $100)
    05/12/16 - Misfits (original lineup) is the first band announced
    05/18/16 - first wave of bands announced
    06/28/16 - remaining bands & daily lineups announced, single day & two-day tickets on sale
    08/03/16 - Denver after shows announced
    08/16/16 - Chicago after shows announced
    08/17/16 - Denver set times announced
    08/30/16 - Chicago set times & Denver map announced

11/22/16 - early bird 3-day passes go on sale (Chicago only - $130)

25. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Portland, Oregon. I'd be going to Denver, but it doesn't look like Riot Fest is happening there this year.