Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2017 Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 21, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Last year's lineup was announced on 3/22.

2. Emokid79

Regular

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Cmon this is more or less a generic list of every band making a touring comeback / releasing an album / doing the festival circuit this year. Too many top line acts, and I doubt someone who describes himself as a "professional Starbucks people watcher" would be the first to break news of a daft punk show. Seems like someone made a list of bands they saw on forums / Reddit.

pauljgreco likes this.
  4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Isn't that pretty much Lollapalooza and a lot of these major festivals? Most of the lineups/headliners are pretty obvious every year.

5. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I mean yeah, but there are obvious patterns in who books who. C3 usually signs headliners to multi fest* deals so a lot of the artists that do Lilla end up doing ACL and other smaller fests they put on, or the Shaky Knees / Hangout lineups which overlap with Sasquatch for example. That list is more of a list of "random bands that have announced tours or albums in 2017"

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I
    I guess we will have to wait and find out!

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea Lolla has a big budget, but they do not have a budget for Muse, Arcade Fire, Guns N Roses, Daft Punk, Depeche Mode, Gorillaz, the Strokes, and Foo Fighters. Those are all top line bands, and those aren't even counting the numerous 2nd line bands on that page. This lineup isn't even in the realm of possibility.

Regardless blink is going to be at Lolla this year.

8. floralxgreen

I feel like Jeff Rosenstock, Terror, and Sick Of It All would be likely this year.

9. CuttingMyFingersOff

Trusted

On first blush, I feel like there's a bit too much "rock" on that list to be taken seriously. I think a few of these bands will be there, but not all of them. It's like being asked who will make the NFL playoffs before the season starts and you get to pick like 20 teams. Some of them are bound to hit.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That is true but it does seem like there are a lot more rock bands playing these festivals this year at least the ones I have seen.

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Right? This is so laughable, they'd have to charge $1000 a ticket for this lineup.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Even just Daft Punk & GnR together is unrealistic unless there was a terrible undercard. Not sure why anyone is taking some random blog post seriously. Although I will say, the headliners will probably come from that pool, it's just not going to be even close to all of them.

13. MarkJ801

Regular

It's starting to look a lot like Denver isn't happening... :(

14. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That wouldn't surprise me. I wonder why. Couldn't find a venue or lack of ticket sales?

15. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Even besides there being way too many headliners it is questionable. He lists Catfish and the Bottlemen, which would require them to fly in from the west coast leg of their tour with Green Day. Not impossible, but a bit of a pain when they will be opening for Green Day at Wrigley a few weeks later.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Dead Kennedys just posted this:

"Dead Kennedys had a sincere invitation to play a reunion show at Riot Fest in Chicago this fall. Jello Biafra turned it down. Klaus Flouride, DH Peligro and East Bay Ray were looking forward to doing it."

17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Laaaame. I would have loved to see this.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Maybe it's just a tease and they will actually work it out. If anyone can put together a reunion, it's Riot Mike.

Daniel182 likes this.
  19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I feel it's a tease and that it will actually happen. Either that or they're huge babies for posting that haha

20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The other members of DK are super shitty and always have been towards Jello. They need him a lot more than he needs them.

Jello is also very political and strong about his beliefs, and he's called out the other members on multiple occasions. That's one of the reunions I never see happening, and it's better that way. Rest of the band is nothing without Jello, and it's super petty of them to post that he didn't want to do it.

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

The one reunion I'll keep wishing for every year is Operation Ivy though.

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm assuming Tool is headlining this considering they've been rumored for the past two years and now they're actually touring festivals.

23. Grato

Regular

Dead Kennedys still tour a ton but draw like shit without Jello.

24. Bob Saget

I would probably piss myself if that happened

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Op Ivy would be huge