Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2017 Festival • Page 33

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 21, 2016.

1. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

The Flatliners are on Bled Fest, so I doubt that's it... Could be the Piqniq Festival because that's right in Chicago.

They're probably timing it in such a way that it (1) doesn't overlap with any other major festival announcements, (2) gets people talking about it again leading up to the announcement, and (3) gets a second round of press.

Pure speculation, but if you look at the way things go in this thread, and even on Reddit... Giving people something to talk about/speculate over for a month keeps interest among the people who already know they're going. Which might make others aware. And then you get the secondary spurt of discussion from news outlets and social media.

Then there's the daily schedule announcements in mid-summer, followed by the schedule announcement. It all seems designed to keep people talking leading up to the festival.

But again, pure speculation, and maybe it's just that some bands take longer to sign-on. Either way? It must be effective, because they do it every year. Do any other big festivals do the whole "wave of bands" thing here in the US? I can't think of any...

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Bled Fest definitely has nothing to do with holding anything back, We'll get the announcement before that for sure I think

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  3. kman22

Regular

I just want the next announcement already!

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think next Wednesday (no info on that, just my best guess).

5. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, next Tuesday or Wednesday feels right. They tend to time it toward the middle of the week.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

So excited

7. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not over-the-top about it. I feel like the second wave always has a band or two that get me stoked (System of a Down, Primus, the Hold Steady, Say Anything) but it's usually not anything that I flip out over.

Maybe this year will be different, though.

8. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This year we have 30 more bands though, previous years it's like 5-10

9. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

This is true! And two albums... We'll see what happens. I'm anticipating at least one headliner-level band for Sunday.

I've been thinking about it too, and the line-up currently feels a bit light on the acts that might draw in "younger" kids. I mean, you have A Day to Remember and Paramore along with the New Found Glory Jr. bands down toward the bottom... But I'm thinking we might get somebody like Bleachers or K.Flay (after that Piqniq thing).

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I won't give up hope on the Academy Is... playing Santi just yet. That'd be a great 2nd wave announcement cus it's not exactly headliner level, but would definitely be a buzzed about announcement (at least for a certain group of people). Although I know it's mostly wishful thinking.

11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Santi and a Riot! Set are my two pipe dreams for the festival this year. A paramore after show would be nuts too.

More realistically, I'd be really excited about bleachers or k flay or any of those piqniq artists we will probably get.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Santi honestly seems way more possible than Riot! haha (I actually wouldn't want that because I'm so ready for some After Laughter jams). I'm also pulling for the Maine to play.

13. I would love to see them at the Metro.

14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I'm more excited about hearing after laughter jams than anything else, but would be cool with riot knowing it's not something likely to happen elsewhere / again. Either way I'm excited to see them in a crowd that will surely be a lot better than the crowd on their headlining tour / in a non seating environment (my venue for tour 2 is all seated)
    That's exactly what I was thinking. That would make for an incredible Saturday night honestly.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I'm excited about the GA setting, although a little bummed that it'll probably only be an hour set (but I'm sure they'll be back soon enough and I'm going to try to make Parahoy work so it'll be fine). I can't even think about the idea of a Metro show that would be way too much for me.

16. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Probably just a simple mistake but The Menzingers have 9/14 and 9/15 listed for Riot Fest on their tour dates on their website.

If not a mistake possible they're doing a pre show Thursday and playing Friday?!?!

mattfreaksmeout and pauljgreco like this.
  17. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

That would be incredible.

18. That would be awesome.

pauljgreco likes this.
  19. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

That would be oh so dope

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I can't imagine a better way to start the weekend. But I'm not going to get my hopes up haha

pauljgreco likes this.
  21. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

Just saw TSSF has the same 9/14 and 9/15 listed on their site. Just the 9/15 link leads to a ticket link, and not 9/14.

kman22 likes this.
  22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting

23. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

menzingers pre show would be awesome, though i hope its not the same gig as TSSF.

pauljgreco likes this.
  24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

More than anything wouldn't that mean that both Menzingers and TSSF are playing Friday?

pauljgreco likes this.
  25. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

That's the safest assumption to make from this, yes.