Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2017 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Piercalicious

Regular

So on VIP they've whittled down the drink tickets to 5 and moved the charging areas, air conditioned bathrooms, and nice seating areas behind the deluxe paywall?

Regular VIP already felt like a stretch this year but jeez, that basically offers nothing now for twice the price unless you really need re-entry privileges... the "VIP" area already was nothing special outside of the extra chairs and air conditioned bathrooms - literally the same exact bar options as those outside of VIP and like one or two eating options that were duplicates of a couple of food booths that were also available outside of VIP (that weren't even among the best options). Lines for the bathrooms within VIP were long by Saturday and Sunday nights anyways.

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Daniel182 likes this.
  3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I know in years past, the VIP passes seemed tempting but it was a hard pass this year especially for $300. Although the re-entry would have been nice.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The $500 deluxe VIP 3 day passes are already sold out. I doubt many were put on sale. It seems like a rip.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Totally didn't realize there was a new thread haha

I don't believe anyone got the $129... I refreshed exactly at 11 and they were gone. So mad

Gonna have to hold off right now definitely can't afford $355 for two tickets unfortunately.

pauljgreco likes this.
  6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Do they have the layaway option this year?

7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I was able to get two at $129.

8. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Anyone have any predictions for this year? I think an original Smashing Pumpkins reunion is brewing and RF seems like the most logical place for it to happen.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Jealous!

I'm sure they will. Last year I recall the highest tier holiday ticket option being available for awhile too. I'll probably get it soon, I just started a new job and am trying to rack up some money before I drop a huge chunk like that

10. Piercalicious

Regular

I like the thought of an open bar and free food, but you gotta drink and eat a shit load to make up that price difference.

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I could realistically see Green Day, blink-182, AFI, Sum 41, or Good Charlotte playing.

Metallica would be cool. If My Chemical Romance decides to play reunion shows next year, I could also see them playing.

kpatrickwood and Emokid79 like this.
  12. Emokid79

Regular

thats how I feel. don't get me wrong I had a blast this year but dang it almost killed me. haha!!!

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I went to three shows (blink twice and Real Friends) the weekend before that which didn't help.

Emokid79 likes this.
  14. Emokid79

Regular

yep that was also my undoing. I was at shows that Wednesday and Thursday here in Columbus.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

3 day passes are still $150. Guess I didn't need to anxiously wait around until 10am to get early bird passes.

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I hope they do something different with the stage layout next year. The Rock stage (whatever one The Hives/NOFX played on) needed way more room for a crowd.

pauljgreco and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It's because they have the dumb barricade split in the middle part. But they probably need to have it.

The layouts have been great the last 2 years. 3 years ago was the hardest festival to navigate

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

RIOT FEST CHICAGO 2017 - LAYAWAY - Tickets - Douglas Park - Chicago, IL, September 15, 2017 | Ticketfly

3-DAY PASS - GA - Layaway
    $60 (PAYMENT 1 of 3)

3-DAY PASS - VIP - Layaway
    $110 (PAYMENT 1 of 3)

3-DAY PASS - DELUXE VIP - Layaway
    $216.34 (PAYMENT 1 of 3)

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

20. ALT/MSC/FAN

Yeah, three payments of $60 isn't bad at all.

21. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

First payment comes to about $89 because the fees are tacked on there. Ends up only being a little over $30 more total than the current price which rocks

22. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I would lose my shit. I could see them doing Lolla over Riot Fest though.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

Do people end up paying the same amount by going that route, or $30 more than buying it straight up?

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

At the Drive In, Piebald and Valencia all reunited this year. I could see all three of them playing.

pauljgreco likes this.
  25. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

At the drive in kind of disappeared after canceling those shows back in may, no? They were rumored for a couple of Texas fests towards the end of the year but they weren't booked.