Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2016 (Chicago) Festival • Page 66

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Derek

Get stung

I was staying about 20 driving minutes away in south Chicago. We mostly ubered everywhere for $10-20. Sunday we parked in a sketchy neighborhood and put on our tough faces

2. floralxgreen

100% this. I'm not saying every attendee of warped tour is a morally bankrupt asshole, but there is so much shit going on behind the scenes at that fest that turns me off.

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I am totally banking on a few shows. Yeah I was thinking about the system of a down stories from last yesr. I even remember how blink was a few years ago too

But hell misfits are 100% worth it

4. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Well they didn't fight on stage and didn't seem like they were ready to kill each other, so that gives me hope that they will do some more shows. They even kept playing after 10.

5. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Money is a helluva thing.

6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

How much you guys think they got paid for these two shows?

7. mikeb1124

Regular

Close to 7 figures most likely

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  8. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'd say the main 3 got close to 7 figures while Lombardo and the other guitarist probably made 6.

9. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I wish they didn't use an additional guitarist.

10. hoodrat

Regular

I flew into town and stayed at an Airbnb near the pink line. Got a 3 day CTA pass and took the train to the festival and the after shows downtown. All I read beforehand was how rough the neighborhood is (including the one I stayed in) but it didn't feel any different than any other major city I've been in.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I also took the train it was very easy even though it let you out and you had to walk all the way around the park to get in but I never felt unsafe

12. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Adding another to riding the L every day. It was great as expected. We always opted to get off at California and walk. The Kenzie stop can be rough.

We took an Uber or Lyft home every night.

13. GraveDigger

Trusted Prestigious

My girlfriend and I took an Uber from our hotel the first time but took the L every other day and we preferred it. We were staying close to the State/Lake stop so we had to go around the loop to get there, but it wasn't a huge problem.

Had an amazing time at Riot Fest this weekend. We also got tickets to the Thursday after-show at Double Door and it was such a cool experience. They played from midnight until almost 2 in the mornihg and played a bunch if songs I wasn't expecting to hear.

14. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I miss Riot Fest. Had such a blast this year.

15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Honestly I had a lot of fun despite a few problems / unexpected costs and will hopefully make the trip from Texas again next year.

Getting to the fest everyday was pretty easy, we took the pink line to the station just past California where everyone was getting on / off and it was a lot closer and less crowded and we didn't feel sketched out / unsafe at any point even though me and my friend both look like ideal targets to be mugged.

16. twisterman2006

Trusted Supporter

What a great time. It was my first time flying and my first Riot Fest. Me and the gf spent our 3 year anniversary watching our favorite bands and I couldn't have been more thankful.
    Our hotel sucked (Quality Inn Midway) after we found a giant cockroach in our bathtub our first night, but besides that we had a blast. Took Uber/Lyft to and from each day, and got to experience all the great things in and around The Loop.
    I think I'm in love with Chicago and will make this an annual thing.
    See you all next year :)

kpatrickwood likes this.
  17. bree1981

Yeah, I also used the pink line to get to and from the festival, found it really straight forward and saved myself loads of cash on uber or taxis. Got off at California on the first day but used the Kedzie stop after that (it was less mobbed and a shorter distance to the entrance/exit), never once felt unsafe and the locals I came across seemed friendly enough. Also used the Metro (is it officially called the Metro or the Subway or the L?) for the aftershows each night apart from Sunday when I just didn't have the energy for the Swinging Utters and got to them no problem.

18. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

It's the CTA. We call it the L because it's partially elevated.

19. bree1981

Yeah, a shoulda known that.

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

The local folks hanging out and selling stuff between the fest and Kedzie were super friendly and awesome every night. The kid selling watermelons was so funny.

21. bree1981

Yeah, most of the locals said good morning/evening and were very accommodating, seemed happy to have us invading their neighbourhood.

22. floralxgreen

Had another amazing weekend this year at riot fest. Unfortunately I probably can't go next year cuz I'm going off to college, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to go.

23. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Not surprising as no one ever visits Lawndale outside of this weekend unless you want heroin.

24. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Man I really should have asked them if they knew where i could buy weed lol

25. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

okay im going with my usual Green Day, Paramore, Talking Heads/Jawbreaker prediction for next year. I'll pick this every year until it happens