Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Riot Fest 2016 (Chicago) Festival • Page 63

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 17, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'm sure Hot Topic sold a lot of Misfits shirts.

domotime2 likes this.
  2. I left before they even started, and there were people in Misfits shirts walking to the train.

Maybevictor likes this.
  3. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Leaving before 8 was the best decision I made l weekend.

troyplaysbass and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  4. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Honestly the misfits were underwhelming and having nobody playing at the same time was a really bad move because the entire park tried to migrate to one spot at the same time and it was kind of a clusterfuck

5. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Gonna be in a black Fireworks pullover tonight and same sox hat. I'll be crying. Find me and tell me everything is alright.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I had to get pulled out by two small women three songs in because of how absolutely dangerous it was, and I wasn't anywhere near the front. I knew on Friday that they shouldn't be on that stage with three sides cut off. Once I got out it was great though. Going to MCS now to cry a lot.

7. TMS2787

Trusted

Anyone have Underøath's setlist from today? I figured someone would take it down and put it on setlist.fm but it's not.

Everyone who is going to MCS, enjoy it!

I'm almost back to my hotel now. We left about 35 into the Misfits. Great decision. Haha

8. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

These guys are pretty great, damn.

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I'll be wearing a Romo cowboys jersey for those of y'all who'll be there tonight

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Everyone from The Wonder Years is here at the MCS show.

11. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

Misfits were amazing for not being together for three decades. Top set of the weekend for me.

Daniel182 likes this.
  12. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I'm not sure that people wouldn't have been doing that even with another headliner.

13. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

Hard Girls and the Dirty Nil killed it, two of the best sets I saw all weekend.

Misfits were a bit underwhelming, but I think that was mostly because I was pretty far in the back. Still, getting to sing along to "Astro Zombies" and "Last Caress" made that show worth it for me.

cubsml34 and bradpetrik like this.
  14. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

And I missed them because this neighborhood is garbage.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Claudio from Coheed is playing drums for a few songs!

16. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

That's not who that was.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  17. Frobert

Regular

Also, 95% sure Dan from Real Friends was up close in the middle of the pit.

18. Frobert

Regular

HOLY HELL....don't even know what to say right now. That was epic. 2 and a half hours of pure awesomeness. Bravo, Motion City. That was amazing.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Best show ever without a doubt. I've never been to anything like it. It just wouldn't stop. And TIMELINES!!!!!

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Nah it's the Claudio that played with Saves The day for a while before Dennis took over.

Really cool that they did the panic stations set and that they played Days Will Run away. Easily one of the best shows I've been to and the energy was unreal.

21. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I honestly don't think any show will ever top tonight. Goddamn I'm feeing so many emotions, but they literally played all of my favorite songs from each record tonight so I just can't fully process? Everything I'm feeling I guess.

Fuck, Motion City, you will be dearly missed.

22. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I think the only two songs I wish were in their set that they didn't play were Pulp fiction and Hangman, but there's no way in hell im complaining.

23. Sleater-Kinney was so so so good. yesterday was amazing

Maybevictor and troyplaysbass like this.
  24. KingofSpain

you can be your own dad Prestigious

Underoath set:
    Breathing In a New Mentality
    In Regards to Myself
    Young and Aspiring
    There Could Be Nothing After This
    It's Dangerous Business...
    Down Set Go
    Reinventing Your Exit
    A Boy Brushed Red
    Writing on the Walls

25. Derek

Get stung

My gf and I decided to leave early and skip the misfits. We got Sushi and home before midnight (traveling to wisconsin). Best decision ever.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.